Help & FAQ's

johhnyrockws

May 12, 2011
Visit site
Hello.

Is anybody having any trouble with their red Status/Notification light? The left most led of the three on the top of the phone. Occasionally this light will remain red after getting a notification about an email.text etc.

I can't find any way to clear the light and turn it off even after hitting the "clear" button to empty your notifications. The only way I have been able to turn off the light is by turning the phone off and then on again.

Thanks for any positive feedback.

Lumos

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried this? According to the manual, it will turn off the light.

Untitled.jpg

young_mossy

May 31, 2011
Visit site
LED sux

has anybody found an app that will enable the LED notification light to change colors and blink more than 5 times? I'd also like one that let you customize the LED color. I tried LightFlow and missed call and the are complete junk on this phone.

Lumos

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Unless my understanding of how phones are made is wrong, you're not going to be able to change the LED color without changing something on the actual phone, not just an app. There's either a red bulb, or a red piece covering the bulb, so one of those would have to be physically changed out.

But like I said, I could definitely be wrong there.

itsme2

May 18, 2011
Visit site
LEDs emit a specific color. However, if you have two or more colors, and the hardware has the ability to vary the current going to each LED, then you could create the appearance of additional colors by mixing the output strength of the individual LEDs (e.g. RGB color mixing). Whether or not the Replenish has the ability in hardware to control current flow is the question.

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Having the same problem on one out of three phones - returned it, and the red light stays on on the new one too! I set up all three phones myself and didn't do anything differently except a few apps... so I'm wondering if there's an app making the red light stay on --- I also wonder if the temperature of the phone has to do with it, because the phone it's happening on is my inlaws (elderly) and she tells me she had the charger "upside down"... the next day after turning the charger 'words side up', she didn't have the red light stay on. I thought it might have been charging incorrectly and got too warm? We had a power outage in our town the other night and all three phones red lights stayed on after they were unplugged.. there's something glitchy going on, I just don't know how to narrow it down.

vferrari

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
There have been two updates issued (ED23 released on 5/8/11 and EF27 released on 7/18/11) that provide bugfixes and other enhancements including LED functionality. Make sure you have the latest Sprint update(s) for the Replenish to see if they resolve the issues you are having. If you have ED15 or EC30 then you have the initial (i.e., non-updated) firmware and should update. To check your firmware status go to settings>about

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Just a quick note to say that we found the origin of our "red light" issue - it was actually happening after removing the phone from a charging state - the phone was being unplugged from the wall outlet BEFORE the charger was unplugged from the phone, resulting in the light sticking on until a battery pull. We've since learned that replugging it in and unplugging the phone first from the charger will make the light go off. As for it happening after receiving a notification, I think that may be an app interfering?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty