Are you thinking about getting the Transform?

Are you thinking about getting the Transform?

• Total voters

sprint_fan

Oct 25, 2009
Visit site
I have been waiting for a new Android phone that isn't 4G, but isn't very low end. This seems to be just the phone for me! What do you guys think?

freeze

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I think I may be getting this one for my wife. She loves my Epic, but thinks it is too big. Plus we don't really use 4g (no coverage in our hometown).

sparda07

Android Supporter
Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
thinking about getting this for my wife as well she needs a new phone she llikes my EVO but the size is still a lil much for her and we don't have 4g were we live so its no big deal only thing that would be a deciding point for us is will the phone support flash player when its upgraded or rooted?

ninjahaiku

May 16, 2010
www.kimmeldesign.com
Weird

Apparently this is the perfect phone for wives. I too am thinking about replacing my wife's Rant with the Transform. She thinks my evo is huge and loves a slide out keyboard. Originally I was going to get her an Epic, but there is a premium to pay for features she isn't going to use.

I'll have to take her to the Sprint store to see what she thinks. Although that makes it hard to surprise her with a new phone. Oh well, I've learned she should do the deciding and be happy rather than me, it is her phone after all.

lancehart

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Thinking this is good for my wife too, who is sick of her Blackberry and ready to jump to Android. She liked the slide-out keyboard of the Epic but thought it and the EVO were "my god, those's are huge!".

So the Transform may be the perfect ticket.
I've got a Hero myself, waiting for my upgrade window to come up soon as well, wondering if this is a decent upgrade from the Hero or not?
Screen seems about the same size, not sure about the resolution or not.

I'm not into the keyboard thing myself, so I don't need it.
I was hoping for a Non 4G Epic or EVO to be released myself... as we don't get it here, so no use paying for what I'll never get in my area.

philby

Dec 26, 2009
Visit site
I'm also a Hero user (frustrated with the lag) looking for another Android option and I'm hoping the Transform is it.

I want a front camera and a faster processor, plus the slideout keyboard is a nice option. I don't hate the onscreen keyboard, but I am considerably slower compared to typing on the Curve I had prior to Hero.

The processor of the Transform is not as fast as I hoped, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed its enough of an upgrade that its not laggy like my Hero (which is unrooted).

I would prefer a bigger/nicer screen, but I have no complaints with the Hero screen and I think its the same screen as the Transform.

I qualify for an upgrade around xmas, so maybe Sprint will release a high(er)-end 3G phone, or perhaps allow customers to activate EVO/Epic 3G only. I don't live in a 4G area so the $10/month fee is a big price to pay when I'm not getting anything in return. Unfortunately I think there's very little chance either of those things will happen.

Looking forward to seeing some reviews of this phone once people get their hands on it over the next week.

lafountain

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I got a friend who is on Verizon and his contract is just about up. He wants to enter the smartphone market but doesn't want to pay too much. If he decides to change carriers, may point him in the direction of giving the new Sprint phones a try.

dwd3885

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
another vote for 'wife phone'. lol. I really wish Sprint came out with a G2/ Merge type device. Smaller HTC goodness. I think maybe the Hero 2 or whatever would be close, but this Transform looks good.

Q-fugee

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I'd call you all a bunch of sexist pigs except that my wife just emailed me and said she's started the "countdown clock" on her Hero, eligible for an upgrade next month, and wants the Transform.

There must be something to this "wife phone" stuff.

I think the $49 LG Optimus will fall into the "daughter phone" category.....

--Qfg

I.R.R.V.

May 29, 2010
Visit site
I've got the Evo and right now the wife has the Samsung Exclaim, but since we have a teenager that she feels needs a phone he is going to get the Exclaim, and the wife seems to really like the look of this so we are planning on getting it for her.....so another "wife phone" vote here, think they will rename it....

ninjahaiku

May 16, 2010
www.kimmeldesign.com
Checked it out.

Well I checked out the Transform at my Sprint store yesterday. It does appear to have some lag that I would not be able to live with. It takes a second or two for things to respond, and scrolling isn't very fluid. Now this was a demo phone and I didn't reboot or anything like that.

I'm still thinking my wife will be OK with it, but man compared to the Epic I just wouldn't be able to use this on a day to day basis. We'll see tomorrow, I'm taking her there to try em out.

acegolfer

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
Well I checked out the Transform at my Sprint store yesterday. It does appear to have some lag that I would not be able to live with. It takes a second or two for things to respond, and scrolling isn't very fluid. Now this was a demo phone and I didn't reboot or anything like that.

I'm still thinking my wife will be OK with it, but man compared to the Epic I just wouldn't be able to use this on a day to day basis. We'll see tomorrow, I'm taking her there to try em out.

We have Epic and Transform so we can make comparison. Stock Transform with Sprint ID is slow. But with Launcher Pro, it's becomes pretty fast (but not as fast as Epic). My wife loves it (she hasn't toyed with my Epic).

aznmode

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
You guys are "transform"ing your wives, gf, daughters into geeks. lol. I thought about this phone but now that its labeled a girl phone...ill just pass. lol.