Participated threads dissapearing?

Mr Mendelli

Dec 19, 2016
Visit site
I'm relatevly new to Android Central, and even though I haven't been around long I have participated quite a bit. Today I went to check up on some of the threads I had been a part of, and the participated category only shows I have participated in four threads. Where did the others go? Were they removed for some sort of infringment? Or do they go when a thread is closed? I don't beleive that I've done anything to break the rules like posting links, profanity, ect...

Last edited:

bowlerboy450

Jan 7, 2017
Visit site
Happened to me as well. I got a Pixel XL 2 weeks ago from a Z30 so joined Android Central. This is very disappointing as I participated in certain postings to help me out. Are there any other good android forums. Although if you do reply I most likely won't see it. Ironic isn't it.

Mr Mendelli

Dec 19, 2016
Visit site
I'm relatevly new to Android Central, and even though I haven't been around long I have participated quite a bit. Today I went to check up on some of the threads I had been a part of, and the participated category only shows I have participated in four threads. Where did the others go? Were they removed for some sort of infringment? Or do they go when a thread is closed? I don't beleive that I've done anything to break the rules like posting links, profanity, ect...

Mr Mendelli

Dec 19, 2016
Visit site
Has the site just been buggy as of late, or is this an ongoing problem? I noticed some of the threads I participated in would show that the reply number would go up and down. For instance: There was a theme thread that showed 169 replies, then 170 after mine, then 171 then 170 every other day even though in those days there were no new posts.

Last edited:

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Happened to me as well. I got a Pixel XL 2 weeks ago from a Z30 so joined Android Central. This is very disappointing as I participated in certain postings to help me out. Are there any other good android forums. Although if you do reply I most likely won't see it. Ironic isn't it.

Subscribing to the thread may be a workaround until the problem is fixed. I also use Participated to keep track - its actually the most used forum feature for me.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site

The site is still good, don't think that because the posts don't show in your "participated" list that your posts have disappeared. That list is just a predefined search of the forum for threads that you participated in. See below for a bit more of an explanation.

Has the site just been buggy as of late, or is this an ongoing problem?

The admins are in the process of releasing a redesign of the forum, that bugginess may be related to that. Stick it out, I'm testing the new design (you can too: http://forums.androidcentral.com/site-feedback-help/757371-help-us-test-our-new-forum-design.html) and I must say the dark theme is working out nicely. It's taken a little getting used to but it's a refreshing change.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress