Insufficient Storage?!?

Ion Virus

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys!

I recently rooted my Vibrant and installed Angry Birds on it using the sideloading wonder machine and it worked great. I went back later to install a different app later and I got the error message saying insufficient storage. I don?t have that many standard apps installed and after getting that message I went through and uninstalled a bunch of things, including the Avatar movie.

After uninstalling all of these I still get the insufficient storage error message for the SWM program. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? I?d love to be able to sideload more apps on the phone. Thanks for all the help!!

-Eric

antlergoat

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
Wondermachine insufficient storage?

Anyone having this same error message when attempting to install apps on android based phones using the wonder machine?
I have plenty of space.. Hmmm?
Thanks in advanced for any help you can provide

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Did you reboot afterwards? From what I've heard, the apps don't get completely deleted til you turn the phone off.

antlergoat

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
Not sure why you're asking about apps getting deleted. I'm trying to install an app not delete it. Trying to install Angry Birds actually .. lol.. Anyway.. There's plenty of space on the phone.. I've even read some posts regarding where the apk located when trying to install .. I've moved it to the same directory as the wonder machine exe.. to the payload dir etc.. no avail. I tried setting the phone to USB as a disk drive (mounting it) and also to charge mode.. all are no go. Grrrrr!

Thanks in advanced for any help on this y'all

:)

MikeyEsq

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
ummm he talks about apps being deleted, bc u did chooch. "I went through and uninstalled a bunch of things, including the Avatar movie. After uninstalling all of these I still get the insufficient storage error message for the SWM program"

anyway...if anyone is recently having this problem (I was linked here searching for similar issuer) ls377's post worked for me. I had deleted a bunch of apps, but hadnt rebooted. after reboot there was enough space to install. thanks ls

whooleeoh

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
well, i tried this and still cant install (reinstall) launcher pro b/c i keep getting this insuf storage. argh maities. droid x unrooted (that goes for the owner too!)

Last edited:

joshua.worth

Android Guru
Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
I've seen this on my Droid X but immediately retried and installation was successful. This Device has plenty of storage. I think this occurs when you have your ram maxed out from doing to many things at once