Close but absolutely no cigar!! Not satisfied with the Sony Xperia Z1s

truthteller10

Banned
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Let me start by saying that Sony produced a very solid product but with some glaring issues. Sorry to say that I had to return the z1s. Such a beautiful device with the best software on the market but I don't know why Sony failed to address 2 major issues it has with their other z line...AUDIO QUALITY!!! With many users using their devices as their main device for audio I can't understand why Sony decided to muzzle the loudness of the 3.5 mm headphone. The music it produced was crisp but utterly failed when it came to loudness. Even low end smartphones best the z1s in that area. Also, it is impossible to use the phone with the speaker because its impossible for the other party to hear you. The sound is very muzzled as if you are talking through a pillow when using the speaker. It was also impossible to use google plus and voice text because the applications can't recognize what you are saying. After I googled the problem and saw that the zl,z and z1 had the same issues I couldn't make myself keep a product that hasn't been fixed in earlier iterations. I was highly disappointed..oh well ..got the LG g2

05GT

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I have both phones, and I'm sure many of the Z1s shortcomings can be fixed with software updates. LG doesn't update their phones, that's the only reason I'm not switching back to my G2.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Are you sure the issues your seeing aren't software. For #1 and #2 would be just the fact that the device is waterproof so sony would have to build in something to keep the water out of the mic holes.

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Audio quality is fixed if you enable the dynamic normalizer. It really helps the volume and now it is pretty much the same as any other phone I have used. I was turning on clear audio+, but that made the music sound shrill. I only enable the dynamic normalizer and it doesn't need to be any more loud than that. I am a musician and own a lot of high end audio equipment. I like loud music.

I don't use the phone's speaker, so I dont know much about it. I can hear my ringer and alarm clock just fine, but other than that I dont know.

I do not have any problems what so ever with voice text. I use google now all the time without any issues.