16GB of storage yet again...

DJCBS

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
...but this time I need to solve this.
On normal occasion, the fact that Sony stuck with the way insufficient 16GB of internal storage on their phones running KitKat, would immediately break the deal to me.

However, I'm done with Microsoft's horrendous customer support (long story short, I've had a useless Lumia 930 for 6 weeks, awaiting for Microsoft Mobile to replace it). So I'm definitely going to buy the Z3Compact and just move to Android.

Problem is, 12GB of storage is not nearly enough for me. Now, I've never been a regular Android user, but I am aware that there are ways to circumvent Google's new policy on SD-cards and actually move apps and games to the SD card too (Sony itself brought that back on the T2).

I was wondering if someone could point me out towards any good tutorial on how to do that because I'll definitely be needing it. So I'm now on the process of learning as much as I can about the platform so that I can make a faster transition to it.

Thanks!

dorblayzer

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Try link2sd app, you will of course need to root, and other staff. Google link2sd, and you shall find a 🌍 of wonder.

Posted via Android Central App

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I think the Sony has that option in the apps menu. It will tell you which apps can me moved to SD card. Also liking the looks of the Z3 compact. Waiting to see US pricing.

But yes on a 6 month upgrade cycle time for 32GB of internal storage Sony! Even el goog does that!

Last edited:

DJCBS

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Try link2sd app, you will of course need to root, and other staff. Google link2sd, and you shall find a ?????? of wonder.

Posted via Android Central App

Thanks! I'll dig around. I do not intend to root the phone right away as I intend to Alpha test the Nokia Z Launcher. I'll google around to see what I find (though I was trying to avoid that because we never know how reliable are the sources one finds on Google)

I think the Sony has that option in the apps menu. It will tell you which apps can me moved to SD card. Also liking the looks of the Z3 compact. Waiting to see US pricing.

But yes on a 6 month upgrade cycle time for 32GB of internal storage Sony! Even el goog does that!

Absolutely.
Worst of all, Sony has brought the feature back with the KitKat update to the Xperia T2. One would think flagship devices would come with all the features available for the other phones...we'll see.

I have the Z3 Compact pre-ordered here in Europe, let us see what it brings.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Thanks! I'll dig around. I do not intend to root the phone right away as I intend to Alpha test the Nokia Z Launcher. I'll google around to see what I find (though I was trying to avoid that because we never know how reliable are the sources one finds on Google)

Absolutely.
Worst of all, Sony has brought the feature back with the KitKat update to the Xperia T2. One would think flagship devices would come with all the features available for the other phones...we'll see.

I have the Z3 Compact pre-ordered here in Europe, let us see what it brings.

I have lost interest without news while others devices have caught my attention. Pre ordered an iPhone 6 plus and looking to order a new moto x pure edition on Tuesday. Selling my OnePlus One and Lumia 925. Keeping my Nexus 5.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch