Headphone Jack Problem

Charlie Truong

Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
For whatever reason, there is some kind of constant static noise when I use headphones now. It was working fine since I got the phone in November. The headphones work fine on another device.

Probably going to end up sending it back to Sony for a repair. Anyone else have similar issues?

Posted via the Android Central App

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Is the headphone jack on your headphones bent? Sounds funny but it happened to me and because it was bent it didn't make a good connection in the phone and did that.

Basically do other headphones work in the phone?

ser_solace

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
No, other headphones have similar issues on this phone. Probably some manufacturing issue. Sent it back to Sony for a repair.

Posted via Android Central App

Charlie Truong

Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
Whoops. Didn't realize I was signed into my old account (ser_solace) when I replied. I'm still the only one with this issue as far as I know.

Posted via Android Central App

kneeanalogue

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
I have had ongoing problems with my headphone jacks. I am actually surprised that only you are bringing this up. My initial issue was static and then headphones would only work when I rotated them into a certain position. I sent the phone to Sony for a replacement jack, which they provided. And now that one is starting to act up in the same way, needing a specific orientation to work.

This is so frustrating, because I love this phone but the continuing problems with the jack are just not acceptable. Have you had your's filxed?

KoalityGame

Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem! I don't remember it happening when I first got the phone. I'm in a long distance relationship so this issue is super annoying having to adjust the headphone jack connection all the time. I noticed the static problem happens when the phone automatically turns on 'noise canceling' so I disabled the headphone selection app. But now instead of static, I get moments where the sound will totally cut out and haven't found a solution other than making sure that my wire stays in one position which is a huge pain.