Qi charging making phantom phone calls?

Stevini18

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Been loving the Qi charging, but yesterday, a new issue developed. Been using a Choetech Qi pad, but just 2 days ago got a Tylt stand to charge with. Last night, I set the phone on the Tylt stand, and like 2 minutes later, my fiancee's phone starts ringing. I look at her phone and see that it's me who's calling her. Yet, I was in the other room, nowhere near my phone.

And this morning, about a minute after I threw the phone on the Choetech pad at work, it seems like the phone called one of my friends, and then my parents, as I heard my dad yelling "Hello?!?!?!" while the phone was on the pad.

Any ideas? Is it just some app interfering and happens to be a coincidence that after I place it on the Qi charger it is making calls? It doesn't happen every time - I've placed the phone down on the Choetech pad 10 more times today, and only the first time this morning did it make phantom calls.

Strange....maybe my phone is possessed.

Stevini18

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
The only thing that makes sense is that I DO have the "glove mode" on since I don't have touchscreen gloves, and it's freezing up here in CT. Maybe the enhanced sensitivity/light touching is being triggered by the Qi magnetic fields?

Muraenidae

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I've been noticing phantom touches when I'm reading on my phone while it's sitting on my Ravpower charger. I couldn't figure out what was going on. But your post now has me wondering if it's some kind of interference with the qi charging.

Posted via the Android Central App