My text Notifications disappear after 5 seconds. Why?

Lucario328

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
Ok so before explain this I must tell you I have a Sony Xperia Z3v. And my carrier is Verizon. Recently my phone told me it could now update from Kit-Kat to Lollipop. I said yes and it updated it. After the update my notifications worked fine that means email and Social Media etc. However since the update my phone has not been receiving texts as it should. So here is what happens and what doesn't when it comes to text Notifications.

Card on lock screen: Yes but only for 5 seconds
Notifications when unlocked: same as locked
LED: Doesn't work at all
Ringer:Works
Vibrate:Works

Also my app no longer has a little number floating next to it that tells me how many texts I have.
I have my phone set to receive all notifications no matter what.
I should also mention I use a Verizon pre-installed message app called Message+ I'd prefer if I could continue to use that app. And finally I have the Hangouts app disabled.

So any Ideas?

Posted via the Android Central App

Nux2k

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
Ok so before explain this I must tell you I have a Sony Xperia Z3v. And my carrier is Verizon. Recently my phone told me it could now update from Kit-Kat to Lollipop. I said yes and it updated it. After the update my notifications worked fine that means email and Social Media etc. However since the update my phone has not been receiving texts as it should. So here is what happens and what doesn't when it comes to text Notifications.

Card on lock screen: Yes but only for 5 seconds
Notifications when unlocked: same as locked
LED: Doesn't work at all
Ringer:Works
Vibrate:Works

Also my app no longer has a little number floating next to it that tells me how many texts I have.
I have my phone set to receive all notifications no matter what.
I should also mention I use a Verizon pre-installed message app called Message+ I'd prefer if I could continue to use that app. And finally I have the Hangouts app disabled.

So any Ideas?

I have the same problem I'm assuming that you're using the message+verizon app. the only thing that I can get to fix it is to uninstall the update for the messenger app

Scott Talhelm

Dec 12, 2015
Visit site
Just tried that and it worked thanks.

I had the same problem, removed update and notifications work again. Need to disable auto updates in Play store.

Something else: tried Google messanger and messages were instantly deleted upon receipt. Can see the message arrive then disappear.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch