woke up AGAIN to 77% after phone was charging all nite???

2kidz

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
Can somebody please explain 2 things to me? How is it that more often than not, reagrdless of how long my phone has been charging, it will NOT charge up to 100% and give me the blue light indicating the phone is fully charged and sometimes when I DO get the blue light, the phone is NOT charged fully? My 2nd question is how is it possible for my phone to be plugged into wall charging and I'm using it and the % will DROP during my using the phone? Its like the phone isn't plugged in at all? Non rooted epic with recent gb update....thanks in advance!

2kidz

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
Can somebody please explain 2 things to me? How is it that more often than not, reagrdless of how long my phone has been charging, it will NOT charge up to 100% and give me the blue light indicating the phone is fully charged and sometimes when I DO get the blue light, the phone is NOT charged fully? My 2nd question is how is it possible for my phone to be plugged into wall charging and I'm using it and the % will DROP during my using the phone? Its like the phone isn't plugged in at all? Non rooted epic with recent gb update....thanks in advance!

rando991

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
First, the phone is built to only charge to 95% and says it is 100% until you take it off the charger. This was to help prevent overcharging. Second, if you are a heavy user while plugged in, you could out pace the slow charge you are getting from (I assume) the stock charger that came with the phone? Now why you would be down to 77% overnight while it was still plugged in, I don't know. It should stop charging when it thinks its full, but then as it drops, it should start charging again. I wonder how many apps you are logged into (just closing apps is not enough, the ones you log into must be logged out of). How strong is your phone signal? (1-2 bars will really drain it). DId you remove the Feeds & Updates Widget? (if you did, but did not kill SNSService, it may be in an endless "restarting" loop). There's just too much to retype here. Search the form for battery issues and you will find more on this subject.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Any version of OS.... Eclair, Froyo, Gingerbread, etc... Any device, single core, dual cores, extended battery... It still all comes down to device management/house cleaning as I like to call it...

We all have our own styles of using our smart phones but sometimes we do have to sit back and take a look at what we really are doing. Email accounts getting polled often, mass amounts of useless junk mail coming in, social media running, videos, music or music players, bluetooth left running/searching for connection all these and many more will all put a big hit to your battery.

Stay away from any 3rd party task killers as crutch to take care of things, they do more damage than good...

Chargers... Auto/Home check the amp ratings on the charger... If they aren't pushing out enough juice and your using the device or its sitting idle doing your normal email polls and stuff it maybe just enough that its taking juice quicker than the charger can provide. That is where many of these couple dollar deals come in for chargers... Great buy but they don't charge at an efficient enough rate to be in use while charging...

Many variables involved, just really take the time to look at your setup and try to eliminate possibilities, shut some stuff down and watch the result over a few hours...

rando991

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
It is. But the OP indicated he's running stock, non-rooted.

Hey, but to really recalibrate the battery, you need to root and then, either: wipe batt stats in CWM or use Battery Calibrate app (easier I think). If you are thinking you need to go to the pain of trying to recal a battery without rooting, maybe you need to think about rooting...it's easier than you think and makes calibrating the stats SO much easier!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87