Screen turning pinkish...

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Are you stock or rooted running a custom kernel? If you are indeed rooted and running a custom ROM/kernel that could be the problem.

If your stock and having this problem, I would say your odds are good your having a display failure of some sort. Could result in only a screen replacement or they may just order an entire new refurb device.

cobaltgirl87

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Well, we tried the Screen Test app, and it works just fine. The colors (which it has now started doing blue and green) are only temporary, and if you tap the screen it goes back to normal colors. sometimes it also doesnt turn on at all when you tap the side button. I dread calling sprint about this =/

TechnoGeezer

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
You mean that the screen looks OK when you run through the Screen Test app screens? "Tap the screen to start" and then you get grey, then black, then darker grey, red, green,blue, light grey, etc. each time you tap the screen? If so, that sounds like the screen hardware is working but it could be another component inside that affects screen activation or performance. I hate to ask but did you have a moisture incident recently?

cobaltgirl87

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Yep, went thru all the cycle on the Screen Test app, and all worked and appeared fine. No known moisture incident.

And to answer a previous question, it's not rooted.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Could very well be but if you have already played with your settings to rule this out with changing brightness or auto then it falls back to hardware....

I would take it to Sprint, let them know what you have tried with the tests as suggested and hopefully they will just order up a refurb or if you have a experimental tech as my local Sprint guy is he will replace the display or other components first.

Regardless of how its handled its no fun having to deal with a device that isn't giving you proper color on your display and its something if you have insurance/TEP you shouldn't have to live with.

lgwhitlock

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I just had the pinkish tint come up on my Verizon Note 2. I found the culprit was an app called Lux that was supposed to provide better control of the screen brightness. I am glad it is solved and hope this may help others who may have this app installed.

Leland

Fauxen

Sep 11, 2015
Visit site
Go to your settings,developer options and untick Show screen updates. Usually this is something that causes these kind of problems. Hope it helps!

Liam Cunney

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
Hate to bump an ancient thread but I'm getting this pink hue problem as well. Phone has had moisture contact as TechnoGeezer said and I'd just like to know if there is a possible fix I could do myself, thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty