Phone charging indicator light

cb2367

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Lately when I go to charge my phone, sometimes the red light doesn't come on (but I can hear the sound the phone makes when the charger is connected). Yesterday evening, I charged a battery that was nearly drained. It charged all night and this morning, the light was still red. Normally, when I plug it in at night, the next morning the light is blue. I connected my phone to my car charger and within two minutes, the blue light came on indicating the battery was charged.

The battery charge light was showing red for both batteries even though they had charged for an extended period of time. Any idea why the charge light is either not coming on or is not showing that the battery is fully charged?

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Are you still stock? Rooted?
There are some roms or kernels that affect how the battery light works. If you're stock and it's still not working correctly, you may have to factory restore to fix it.

spensergig

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
I had that happen using an older charger from my Samsung Intrepid. As far as I can see, the problem is frayed/broken wires in the cable.
If I wiggle it carefully, then let go VERY gently, it still charges. otherwise, it gives me the finger.

Happens with both my S2 touch and my wife's S1 Epic.

chunkcohen

May 4, 2011
Visit site
I had similar problems on my Epic 4G running CM9. Sometimes, the LED wouldn't illuminate at all while charging, and sometimes, it would be a pinkish color. But it didn't really affect the phone operationally, so it didn't let it bug me.

bitseeker

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Similar with my Epic. On stock Gingerbread, it stopped lighting up most of the time. Now, on CM9, it'll usually light up red while charging, but then turns blue anywhere between 90-100%. Funky.

rando991

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Pinkish light means charging and you have a blue facebook notification. I turn DB notifications off. On CM10, there was a phone notification setting that turns the charge light blue at 90%. I suspect it is the same in CM9. I think you can change that, but don't remember. As for the light not working when charging, have you restarted your phone recently? A lot of times something can be resolved just by a phone reboot.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

bitseeker

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
On CM10, there was a phone notification setting that turns the charge light blue at 90%. I suspect it is the same in CM9. I think you can change that, but don't remember.

Interesting. I haven't been able to find such a setting on CM9. There's just a checkbox to turn on/off the battery light and one to turn on/off flashing the light when the battery is low. Let me know if you find the 90% setting.