Win a free Epic 4G!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mturner7472

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Just winning this phone wouldn't be a reason to switch to Sprint ... they've done some great things here recently. Each year they come out with something new and fresh ... i think Instinct was near the beginning of all this and that was just a dumb phone ... since then you've had sprint take a chance on a great OS in the Pre, minus the hardware :(

but now you see sprint wise up a bit and really start pushing these android devices that just get better and better every few months it seems! First the Evo and now with the Epic ... keep it up sprint and andriod! things are looking good!

Toochief

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
A Win = a New Customer

I have been tempted to try Sprint out. Their coverage is good here and the EVO really impressed me. If I win, I will become a new customer of sprint and an even happier (if that is possible) follower of Android Central.

mturner7472

May 28, 2010
Visit site
one thing i meant to mention with my last post a few posts up ... along the same lines of sprint doing some decent things here recently ... their value ... to all the folks saying "if i win, i'll switch" ... i think if you switch, you win ...

obviously, if sprint doesn't have good coverage where you live or work, then it probably won't work out ... but chances are, it will work ... and for what you get, EVEN WITH the $10 extra fee ... you're still paying less than any other carrier ...

i DO NOT work for sprint, just someone trying to get through this rough economy, but even without the hardships recently, sprint's value is the best. (if it works for you)

carlito0220

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Current blackberry user definitely making the switch to Android after seeing this beast. Can't lose with either the Epic or the EVO and 4G supposed to hit my area soon!

mtmjr90

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
Is it bad that I want one just one have one to play with? Of all people, Phil you must understand! (Also I blame you for this financially unsound addiction...)

njett

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Woot!

I'm really excited about the Epic 4G, I've been very pleased with my Samsung Moment and its ease of hackability. I heard that the Epic 4G has been rooted already so I can't wait to get my hands on one. I'm a little disappointed that Sprint left the Moment behind and isn't upgrading it to Froyo, but the open source hacking community came through with ROMs that give me all of the main features of Froyo along with the features that Sprint disabled in its stock 2.1 ROM. Hopefully the Epic 4G isn't left behind after 9 months on the market like the Moment was. Its crazy that people sign 2 year contracts to get these phones that the carriers abandon updates for after less than a year on the market!

krimicri

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Currently have a Palm Pre

Currently I'm on the Sprint network and use a Palm Pre, but have been curious about the Android phones. I can't use Java on my pre, do the the 'droids have java capability? And do they use Quicktime and all the things my Palm doesn't? I've been kind of shopping around and really like the EVO, it's huge! But am not sure if I should or not.. a free one would help me make up my mind! I love my Pre, but the droids seem to do so much more. Please pick me!

Krimicri

KC1988

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Epic

Been waiting for a physical keyboard android phone. Really liked the EVO but the touch screen made typing much slower and more prone to errors.

mexman410

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
what android has done for me

Back in October of last year I switched to Sprint from U.S Cellular because I was paying too much and I wanted a blackberry. So I bought a tour which at the time was the best phone I'd ever owned. I thought that this was the best thing out there. I had known little to nothing about Android at the time. Fast forward about 5 months and the hype that I had about my blackberry had faded and it became boring to me. A buddy of mine had told me about Android and all if its capabilities. I was really excited to see what these phones were all about so I researched my butt off here on Android central. I fell in love with a phone that I didn't even own in the HTC hero. It was the perfect upgrade to my tour. So I eventually found someone to trade my tour for a hero on Craigslist. Best move I ever made. One of the coolest things I found is a baby monitor app. Perfect for my two month old son. So here I am with my hero. I like it. It's like owning a Camry. But now I want a Lexus. Hope I win!

Derling

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Epic

Hi everyone a bit about me; I'm a student at UT Austin in Texas. Go longhorns! I hope I win the epic because I'm way behind technologically (I have a hero) and need to show off a new smart phone the rich kids in the university. Thats going to maker my ego rise and I will be even more self confident and pass my classes. Sinse I'm a student its very hard to get money to buy a high end phone because I got to pay for my education. Thanks everyone for reading

njett

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Thats why I always use the IMAP protocol on my phones/PCs. All of the folders and mail are constantly stored on the server, no matter where I set up the account everything looks the same. If I delete a message on one device, it is gone from all devices. IMAP is the way to go.

jace2z

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Epic instruder song

The Epic is DLNA compatible, AWESOME what this means is in a 4G area you could stream HD MOVIES from your phone to an HDTV, what is this world coming too AHHHHH," the Epic is climbing in my window snatching my dreams up, tryna take em , so you need to hide your droid, hide your EVO, cause the Epic taken everybody out here" :cool:

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
The correct place to enter, to win the Epic, is in the win an Epic thread. Otherwise there's no chance of you getting picked ;) Moving your posts for you.

njett

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, but that $10 is really annoying, is it possible to forgo the 4G connection and only get 3G service and save $10 a month. I'm on a pretty tight budget. Anyone know if this is possible, especially if I buy this phone with a pre-existing contract?

mcnutty#AC

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
Iz win Epic to crush unworthy adversaries and their nonEpic iPhonz and such. Dominate my fantasy football league with newfound Epic prowess. Become less lurk. Epic win....Epic win...Epic Win!

Status
Not open for further replies.