sd card needed to download attachments?

lpsteve72

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Can anyone tell me if thwy are having this problem? I frequently receive video file attachments through gmail as mp4 file type. I have never had a problem previewing the attattachment. Now after the update it says "sd carn needed to download attachments". Not sure what to do. Maybe I will try the stock email app vs the gmail app.

lpsteve72

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I know, that's what I am trying to figure out. What else might be the problem. I know the sd. Card is being recognized. I guess I will have to call tech support.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
How much memory is remaining on your card?
If the problem persists you could try backing up your card on the computer, formatting and restoring.

lspriggel

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
ipSteve...I just started having the same issue. Any idea of what it is?
I backed up my data, removed my sim and sd card and did a factory reset. This solved the issue for 24 hours. I have loaded nothing that was not already factory installed but facebook. If you leave your sim card in during the reset it will not work. So now the question is ..... What is updating on the phone we don't know about that is making it impossible to "preview" attachments? the attachments I was able to PREVIEW yesterday after the reset I can still preview today BUT i can send the very same attachment (JPEG) from the same email account today and am not able to preview? WHY? Im sorry guys this posting is for a samsung captivate

Last edited: