"network connection error"

erniepee

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
has anyone been getting "network connection error" messages randomly on their phone when they unlock the keypad sometimes? my phone has been doing that at least twice a day randomly and it gives you the option of retry or cancel... retry never fixes the problem... and cancel just makes the screen go away... its not anything really super crazy.. but it is getting annoying... i think it started since the update last week... anyone having the same problem? if so.. any idea how to fix it?

ernie.

freejersey2007

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm getting the same error with increasing frequency. I called sprint today and not surprisingly they didn't know what it was. I agree that it's been increasing since the update.

acer01

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Not sure exactly what it is and it does not seem to affect anything that i am aware of but i have been getting it more often as well.

dragonol2

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Talk about bad luck! I had never gotten this until I read this thread 5 minutes ago... I look down at my phone, it's looking like it's resetting and I get the connection error...

This thread is cursed!!! ;) j/k

drfrank

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
My wife's phone has been doing this since she got it on launch day. It happens several times every day, apparently. I can't recall ever seeing this error message, so I suspect it's a hardware problem.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Glad I looked at the dates of the OP and few posts afterwards. I was asking myself WHAT UPDATE??? hahaha... Old thread brought back from the dead..

JonOvalle

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
Seriously enough.. im having this same problem and its annoying. Its my 3rd Epic. lol. Took it in to the store to check out my "Your current location is temporarily unavailable" gps message which by now is not a temporarily unavailable but rather a PERMANENTLY unavailable since it never works, the "Network Connection error" message, and the weak battery life.
Turns out my phone is tip top and working 100%... BULL@#$@ since it still having problems. Cant believe the repair place didnt do anything about it. Since they cant seem to be very much help im trying to find here in the forums a quick if not a PERMANENT fix for these issues.
I will call Sprint again this week when i find a little time and let them know how much my phone is lacking in working yet the repair store seems to think otherwise.

EPIC FAILG strikes again
:(

Reactions: lea10981

funeralplanner

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
It isn't the widget, it is a cannot connect error. Facebook rolled out an update and I have had trouble since. I'm gonna delete it and see what happens.

JonOvalle

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
I feel ya. I reset my phone but the message was still there.
Honestly dont know if its Hardware or Software by now. Hope the "patiently worked on" Froyo fixes all.

rando991

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
I've seen a problem like this, but it was caused sometimes when I shut off the phone with WiFi on, and turn it back on. I have Juice Defender which tries to turn off data when the screen is off and Quick Settings which allows me to manually turn on or off the Cell Data (3G). It appears that the phone gets the 3G data signal back on even though the Quick Settings say that 3G is OFF. You can quickly check to see if you really have the 3G radio on by selecting the Google Bar Voice Search. If the 3G is in fact locked up, you'll get the Network Problem error message and other connections to the network won't work (such as the Market). the only thing I've found that reliably fixes it is to reboot the phone and just remember to manually deselect Wifi before turning the phone off.

rando991

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
I do not...mine, I suspect, could be a conflict between Wifi, Quick Settings, and Juice Defender, but I'm keeping it in check by remembering to turn off Wifi before shutting off my phone.

FenixOK

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
If someone who is having this error can get a logcat reader like Catlog (a free version is available on the market) and post the log from when they receive the errors, it might help see what exactly is causing the issue.

JihadJoe

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Just for shiggles, I unchecked Twitter from my "Feeds and Updates" widget, and I didn't get the error for a couple of days. I reactivated the Twitter sync, and I received the error within a few hours.

billbryan516

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I've been having the same problem but as soon as I click either "retry" or "cancel" it's 100% normal again. I think it just has some kind of temporary issue. No clues as to why this happens and how to fix it? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller??

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez