Welcome to the Samsung Epic 4G! Please introduce yourselves here.

feralpanda

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm Nate and I've been an Epic user since Sept 2. I was a pretty die-hard Pre owner but was ready to make the switch once I had a chance to play with an Epic. I do miss some things about the Pre but I've come to dearly love this phone, especially now that i'm playing with custom ROMs and the like. Thanks to everyone for making us newbies feel welcome here, its great to be part of the Android community!

Monzt3r

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Proud owner of a Samsung Epic 4g, acquired through the amazing Geek Squad Black Tie Protection. A little humor in it was being asked if would like to apply it again? Haha of course. Thought I should introduce myself before posting a question :)

tektoys

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
hi all as many here i came from the pre and windows mobile prior to it, been a member of xda and ppcgeeks and all that jazz and made my way to these parts of the woods, my current baby is the epic and couldnt be happier, i hope to be much more active once i start messing with it properly and even moreso when the OS gets updated, for now happy lurking LOL

zak

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Picked up my Epic in October. Haven't had a phone for much more than 1 year in a long time (since I first got a Sidekick back when they just came out with the color screen) so I'm glad that Sprint allows for upgrades every year instead of every 2!

Kikoshi

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Just got the phone! woot, second(somewhat first day) with it!

Hey peeps! Not only did i receive the phone, i fully charged it and took it on a test drive, with a few things changed here and there, to make the battery last, it lasted after taking pictures, bit of gps'ing and sending here, sync-in things, video watching on youtube on and off, some music play, not bad.
At the end of the day around 8 hours i had it down to almost 1 percent, the phone still acted normaly ect.. eccept the camera wouldn't allow me to use it due to low power, yet a camera app still let me take pictures?.. wtf.
anyways! I love and enjoy every lil bit of this phone, but the question that i want to know is this.
I want to root the phone for some apps the require root access, but i don't want to as of yet, mess with the phone with custom rom's ect..
~edit~
Yep N00b mistake to ask what has been answered in "google" x)
my apologies!
Thank you!
Kiko

Last edited:

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Congratulations on your purchase Kiko! You're going to have that giddy feeling with it for a while I'm sure. When I first bought my Fascinate I couldn't put it down, I kept finding reasons to turn the screen on and play with it.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Hey peeps! Not only did i receive the phone, i fully charged it and took it on a test drive, with a few things changed here and there, to make the battery last, it lasted after taking pictures, bit of gps'ing and sending here, sync-in things, video watching on youtube on and off, some music play, not bad.
At the end of the day around 8 hours i had it down to almost 1 percent, the phone still acted normaly ect.. eccept the camera wouldn't allow me to use it due to low power, yet a camera app still let me take pictures?.. wtf.
anyways! I love and enjoy every lil bit of this phone, but the question that i want to know is this.
I want to root the phone for some apps the require root access, but i don't want to as of yet, mess with the phone with custom rom's ect..
~edit~
Yep N00b mistake to ask what has been answered in "google" x)
my apologies!
Thank you!
Kiko

Yup the phone will make for a great gift , happy holidays... oh and as to why it wont let you take pics....just their way of saving you precious battery life so you dont use it not realizing you dont have much battery left

prittyboy203

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Ya congregations on the great phone you have your right it's a battery saving mechanism that all apps that require a lot if juice it won't let you use them but other then that little bump the galaxy s phones are great pieces of technology have fun I sure did with my captivate the little time I did have it rip captivate lol

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Kikoshi

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
get an app called z4root, not in market anymore but you can sideload it and it will root your phone one click. no computer required. its pimp

oooh, i think i saw that on xda forum, though quick question how can i unroot it then? Odin?
`edit'
Just did a quick google of unrooting it, and well to me it seems confusing as hell. Im sure it has been asked but, when you root-does it delete all your apps ect? as well when you unroot does it reinstall 2.1(current update stock rom) and factory reset as well?

Last edited:

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Rooting does not change any apps or settings on your phone (same goes for unrooting). The z4root app has an option to unroot if you need it.

Kikoshi

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Rooting does not change any apps or settings on your phone (same goes for unrooting). The z4root app has an option to unroot if you need it.

oooh, then this will be less of a hassle! I was scared of rooting because i though it would delete all, if its just at a flick of switch,and still return to a Unroot without delete all as well, then awesome! I'll be installing z4root :D
Thanks Ragnarokx, and kgbcapthowdy!

steveninstl

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Hello Everyone!

I'm Steve. I used to be a BlackBerry, then went to Palm Pre, now I'm an Epic4g. I'm loving this smartphone. It is way better than any BlackBerry could ever want to be.

I used to own a couple of BlackBerry sites, themes4bb and pimpmyberry. I've since sold the sites and moved on. I'd like to learn how to make themes for the droid phones, but its not as easy as the point and click that theme maker ever was...so I'm going to leave that to the experts.

Thanks for the tips and tricks that I've read about and actually did on my Epic. I hope to contribute somehow in the future!

moparkid2013

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Im a new comer so to speak, i join today, i had a blackberry 8330 and then a samsung exclaim both on sprint, after geting the exclaim fixed after it would randomly power on/off while charging i got a evo 4g and was exited and used it for about 2 weeks my only problem was the battery life well lack of. The day that i switched out of the evo 4g was horible i got up at usual time about 7:30am est and went to school and only sent maby 10 text in school, when i got home at about 4:00pm est it eas beeping telling me that it was about to charge and i didnt like that so i bought a blackberry 8530 and dont like that phone because of its lack of speed/features. I am coming back to android and dumpid blackberry, period im buying a samsung epic 4g and cant wait to get it imm ready for the android goodness!

bmbaker2k5

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
I am a future epic 4g family member. I will be switching from my boost mobile i1. I'm happy with this phone but the service sucks. Everyone trying to call always gets the message of the subscriber you are trying to reach cannot be located. And also I'm getting a company issued nextel so I won't need the ptt on my personal phone any more. I'm an ex crackberry addict but am now definitely an android addict.

soker78

Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
Third Party App Quit when Locking phone

i just got an epic i was looking forward to the phone i came from the evo and wanted to try something new. the phone is great i love the screen and the layout not a big fan of the keyboard but what the heck the phone looks great. i have notice that most of the apps i had on my evo which work like a charm dont really work on the epic i have done a hard reset several times and i went to the sprint store and they where no help like most of the times. i dont know what to do the apps quit the live wallpapers, double twist,widgets, qik doesnt really work well either im suppost to push some button in order for the other person to hear me and visa versa, etc does any one have any suggestions, btw i have insurance but i didnt purchase the phone i switch with someone so i dont know how to get sprint to give me another one a refurb is fine with me ... im getting to the point that i just might have to go back to the evo

simple503

Jan 4, 2011
drinkinsalem.com
Hello everyone,

My name is Christopher.
I live in Salem, Oregon and am a new owner of an epic g4.
I've had a BB Curve and just sold my G1.

I'm learning a lot already thanks to your efforts! Keep it up!

Cheers

Last edited: