Sprint apps

huck0804

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Hi I'm kind of new to these forums. Hopefully you can help me.
I'm running a rooted version of the ec05 update. When I rooted i got rid of sprint nascar and sprint hotspot and sprint football. It is to my understanding to update everything else I need those apps on my phone.

Could anyone post a link to where I could get them?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Hi I'm kind of new to these forums. Hopefully you can help me.
I'm running a rooted version of the ec05 update. When I rooted i got rid of sprint nascar and sprint hotspot and sprint football. It is to my understanding to update everything else I need those apps on my phone.

Could anyone post a link to where I could get them?

Sprint Nascar/Football (Flash in CWM)

I not sure what you mean by Sprint Hotspot because you can't remove it in Froyo. If you could tell me what it is you removed exactly I can provide it.

jamex

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I don't understand why people get rid of these things then have to put them back for an update. They barely use any space at all.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I don't understand why people get rid of these things then have to put them back for an update. They barely use any space at all.

Well it just comes down to simple house cleaning.. Less mess you have to surf threw when your looking threw your app list. Less stuff for your device to stumble threw when processing things, and it does matter... I've seen stock ROMs with full bloat run way slower over a stock ROM that has the bloat stripped out of it.

Probably my best suggestion, if you going to get into stripping bloat out then purchase Root Explorer from the Market for the $1.99 or whatever it is and then pull your ".apks" out that you don't want and put them on your sd card. Then if the time comes you want to put them back the reversal is just as easy... Plus with Root Explorer you can just zip them up into a neat little package and store them like that on your sdcard.

Q-fugee

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
If you are already on EC05, it may be a while before you have to worry about another update :)

Only the full over-the-air update of the operating system checks for the presence of stock apps to "verify" what you are running. Minor maintenance patches (which I haven't actually seen happen) allegedly don't. Unless you think 2.3 is coming soon, don't worry about it. I'm pretty sure I'll just buy a phone with 2.3 on it before I actually see an update from Samsung for this one.

If it helps, here is the complete list of stock apps and their .apk files:

http://forum.androidcentral.com/epi...r-apk-files-removal.html?highlight=stock+apps

Not a direct answer to your question, I know, but the thread's kinda drifted this way.

The next time you remove the stock apps, I'd reccomend "SDX Stock App Remover." A link to SDX is in the thread above. That app also allows you to backup the stock app before you remove it in case you need it later.

Stock app removal alone won't improve phone performance at all, it just frees up ROM for new apps, if you want to install the new ones in ROM instead of on the SD card. Clearing the app cache will improve performance, though. The only impact stock app removal has on performance is if you are removing something that launched at startup and hogs resources, or if your removal tool clears the cache when it removes the app. "Startup Auditor" is a good tool for keeping those startup hogs in check.

I have read in the ROM sub-forum that just putting back stock apps won't always work. You may still have to update manually. If you rooted using the one-click method, you already have the drivers and cable you need to update manually anyway. I'd go ahead and just update manually and forget putting back the stock apps just so you can wait for the OTA update. Then, use the SDX tool to remove the batch of stock apps after the update and you'll be in good shape.

Hope this helps,

--Qfg

Last edited:
Reactions: arhoolie

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Removal of apps, does improve performance. Not to say its going to run faster but it does give your device more free space to work with which does in the long run equal out to overall better performance for your device.

Anyways I will put up a new link/file for Football in a few.