Predictions: When will the Sprint GNex be released?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Sprint is not showing all of their cards right now. we don't know exactly what's ready and what's not when it comes to their LTE network in each city - and they are not going to tell us right now. i believe they are under-promising and will over-deliver. they are managing expectations so they do not disappoint investors or customers. and they do not want to show their cards to competitors.

JobiWan144

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Well, I talked to a Sprint guy at the mall today, and he said that the Galaxy Nexus would be released in February. I don't know how well-informed he is, but that sounds a lot more promising than a second quarter release.

As to those who want to wait for Sprint to roll out 4G LTE coverage in their area before they get the phone, I disagree. I say, why wait for that when you can get the phone and just use 3G until they release LTE in your area? From what I hear, it's a really good phone, and it's part of Google's larger effort to reduce the fragmentation that has plagued Android for so long. And being a Nexus, it'll probably be the first existing phone to get the "J-dessert" version of Android.

ilaifire

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Well, I talked to a Sprint guy at the mall today, and he said that the Galaxy Nexus would be released in February. I don't know how well-informed he is, but that sounds a lot more promising than a second quarter release.

Actually I heard the same thing. I had been in Best Buy to get a wireless card but stopped by to look at the phones. When the reps started to try and sell me a phone I said I was waiting on the Galaxy Nexus from Sprint since I didn't like Verizon and both the reps present said they had heard sometime in February for the release date.

Personally I would love this as this would give me a couple of weeks to check reviews for the Sprint version before I was able to get my upgrade instead of sitting for a couple of weeks after I'm capable of getting an upgrade.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
i was in a Sprint Corporate Store today and asked one of the more knowledgeable guys and he thinks "next month" ie February but he was just guessing based on the fact that they are already advertising the phone etc. he said many customers are asking about it.

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Next month would be perfect for me. My birthday is late February and would love this as a present.

Happy Birthday (early).

I will be glad when it is released but as my upgrade is not until 09/01/12, I will have to wait to get mine.
Oh well. Better late(r) than never.

Mav. :cool:

jamie

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
The guy at my Sprint Corporate Store told me March was what he was told. This would work for me since my upgrade is April 1st. I really think it will be early this year rather than June or July.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
i think the people at the Sprint stores don't know much.

the long delays are really annoying. people want the phone. it's been a long time since the EVO. just release the f******* thing already.

ilaifire

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Pretty hard to sell a 4g phone that doesnt have a network to support it. Folks would b PO

Why is it that everyone keeps arguing that it is impossible to sell a 4G phone if there is no 4G network available as if 4G phone means 4G only and no 3G for data or 2G for voice. I want the Nexus Galaxy as a 3G device, if it also includes 4G I won't complain, but I want to get a good phone and not wait months-years.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Pretty hard to sell a 4g phone that doesnt have a network to support it. Folks would b PO

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk

well they announced it which means they are launching it. soon. otherwise - why announce it? to sit on it for 6 months? i think not.

and again - we have no idea exactly how much of their LTE infrastructure is already ready. i think you'll be surprised at launch.

Status
Not open for further replies.