JB for the Sprint Galaxy nexus

ajonesma

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I've been running this ROM most of the day and so far the only thing not working is MMS (Can send, just not download the ones you recieve) But it looks like they have fixed that!

The devs have also just gotten Tether to work! Probably will have a 100% working ROM within the next few days or sooner.

ajonesma

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Very nice, glad to see you guys getting in on the fun as well. You enjoying it?

I'm loving it! Google Now is just to awesome. It also seems like the battery life is better on JB then it was on ICS. Only thing not working so far is receiving MMS, not sure if it's working in the VZW ROM or not.

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I think I am going to see if the Official Google/Sprint OTA update comes down in a timely manner before I root, which I don't want to do.

I am glad that it seems to be running fairly well for those who have chosen to do it.

First the LTE announcement, now this.
July is going to be pretty cool AND hot at the same time.

Mav, :cool:

ajonesma

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I think I am going to see if the Official Google/Sprint OTA update comes down in a timely manner before I root, which I don't want to do.

I am glad that it seems to be running fairly well for those who have chosen to do it.

First the LTE announcement, now this.
July is going to be pretty cool AND hot at the same time.

Mav, :cool:

I am actually about to go back to ICS. Since it MMS won't be fixed until an OTA comes out (according to one of the devs). And a few other performance issues as well for me. But battery life on JB is awesome! Can easily get 12-18 hours on the stock battery.

trooper54

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
MMS is fine for me so far..

Mine works as well after replacing the telephony.db file.

I started with the v5 ACS put out, and then flashed the original RC1 right over it. Aside from carrier label and roaming indicator in the pull down, I have no issues. My battery life isn't amazing but I don't think i can go back to ICS after the weekend with JB.

DevilStrider

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I've been running this ROM most of the day and so far the only thing not working is MMS (Can send, just not download the ones you recieve) But it looks like they have fixed that!

The devs have also just gotten Tether to work! Probably will have a 100% working ROM within the next few days or sooner.

Where can I find the info on this? My MMS does not work and I still can't tether.

Shabbypenguin

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I found your JB ROM on XDA and thought I should share it with my fellow Sprint GNex users over here at AC. Just wanted to be sure I gave you and dreams the credit, since I did basically nothing with the ROM :p

Thanks again!

yea unfortunately we tend to forget about AC as a place to release stuff, ive been working towards posting here a lot more often (my primary spot was androidforums but thats changed recently..)

i just cant wait for source so we can actually build some really good roms :)

ajonesma

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
yea unfortunately we tend to forget about AC as a place to release stuff, ive been working towards posting here a lot more often (my primary spot was androidforums but thats changed recently..)

i just cant wait for source so we can actually build some really good roms :)

I'd love to get into building ROM's and such, but I know I won't have the time after August..... But I think I'm going to start teaching myself, so I can hang out with the cool kids :p

ajonesma

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
JB source is being dropped tonight....so we should see plenty of new JB ROM's in the next week or so with AOKP and CM10 coming very soon.

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know if there any any differences between the ACS JB ROM posted on XDA and the Vicious ToroPlus JB ROM posted on RootzWiki? I'm thinking of trying to flash one on Friday and just wondering which one.

Also, I said trying because this will be my first time rooting and flashing, so any rooting flashing for dummies would be greatly appreciated. (I already got the SDK and drivers set up and unlocked my bootloader.)

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Also, I said trying because this will be my first time rooting and flashing, so any rooting flashing for dummies would be greatly appreciated. (I already got the SDK and drivers set up and unlocked my bootloader.)

This tool makes rooting very easy. You can even check YouTube for videos on how to root the GNex. I would look for a video by QBKing77, he does a great job of explaining everything step-by-step.

Reactions: jean15paul

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress