How do we force 4.2 OTA on our phones?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Has it even been announced that the Galaxy Nexus is getting 4.2 on Sprint? I'm moving over to the Nexus tomorrow our mid next week when my replacement comes in.

Sent from my LG-LS840 Viper 4G LTE using Tapatalk 2
I would expect it to get 4.2 but the question is when.... When will Sprint decide to make it happen.

Zeinzu

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Sprint had 4.1.1 out in what, two months after release? Give them a chance. They may surprise us.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Sprint had 4.1.1 out in what, two months after release? Give them a chance. They may surprise us.

Yep your right. They did surprise us with finally dropping official factory images to Google. I run custom ROMs anyways so 4.2 is just a flash away :)

todd.deland

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Compile it yourself. Google posted binaries for Toroplus for 4.2 and they work fine despite being labeled experimental. Note: They are only labeled experimental because Google cannot officially support them.

These are for the Verizon variant, that'll work with Sprint? <-- Edit... Sprint variant is listed at bottom of page, not in the table of contents. Oopsie!

Last edited:

Zeinzu

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
These are for the Verizon variant, that'll work with Sprint? <-- Edit... Sprint variant is listed at bottom of page, not in the table of contents. Oopsie!

Yea, it's not officially supported for AOSP, but Google at least released "something" we could work with.

Zeinzu

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
For dummies like me, how do we compile the files?

I don't think there's a dummy guide for this sort of thing. You need Linux experience, java, and a few other things, familiarity with certain tools, and to read/follow/understand the instructions Google provides. It's not one of those things you can just whip together without knowing what you're doing, from what I understand.

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I don't think there's a dummy guide for this sort of thing. You need Linux experience, java, and a few other things, familiarity with certain tools, and to read/follow/understand the instructions Google provides. It's not one of those things you can just whip together without knowing what you're doing, from what I understand.

Besides, By the time any noob figures it out, a seasoned dev has already gone and done it for you.
[ROM][4.2]Stock Built Sprint 4.2 -AreYouJellin- Updated Nov. 23! 2012 - xda-developers
But that should NOT stop you from trying it on your own, learning, making mistakes, and making it right after that. Who knows, by the time the next release comes up, YOU may be that seasoned Dev that makes it work first :)

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm using muzzys aosp 4.2.1 rom

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus Rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2

huvedase.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member