dakingofhtx

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
This is my rant:

Why do all these bloatware apps keep running? I kill all apps with Advanced Task Killer(all except the ones in green) and 5 minutes later, they are all back running. Pisses me off.

Also, I hate when these manufacturers promote these devices with X amount of memory, but that is not what you get to use. This phone came with 16GB of memory. But, you only get to use ~11GB because 5GB of it is use for the physical operation of the phone and all the bloatware. They need to stop doing. If you are going to advertise 16GB, give me 16GB.

Last edited:

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
This is my rant:

Why do all these bloatware apps keep running? I kill all apps with Advanced Task Killer(all except the ones in green) and 5 minutes later, they are all back running. Pisses me off.

Also, I hate when these manufacturers promote these devices with X amount of memory, but that is not what you get to use. This phone came with 16GB of memory. But, you only get to use ~11GB because 5GB of it is use for the physical operation of the phone and all the bloatware. They need to stop doing. If you are going to advertise 16GB, give me 16GB.

Get a nexus.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums

MikeCallery

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
You might want to consider rooting the phone and removing the bloatware. I am not sure how much memory you will save removing the bloatware but certainly every little bit helps.

jdod

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I will certainly be rooting when I get mine for this reason and others. Also, the guy at the corporate store I visited yesterday is quite certain that there will be a 32 GB version available online, I will likely go for that.

dvdmon

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm, has your phone slowed down? Have you run out of room to run your apps? I understand it's the principle, but if your phone is operating fine, why are you getting so upset? Bloatware sucks, but as others have said, you can always root. Unless your phone is really getting slowed down by it or running out of room, it seems more of a theoretical/principle issue than a practical one to me...