Do Groove IP Google Voice minutes count as land line minutes?

rnoldh

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
I have a Sprint Note 2 and I was changed to the 450 minute unlimited data plan. I had the $99 totally umlimited plan and I really was changed inadvertently ( I was asking about my "options" and they just changed it without my agreement ) but I figured I'll give it a try. So I want to be careful about my land line useage during peak hours. I have a google voice number which I have always forwarded to my primary Sprint cell number with my previous Galaxy S2.

Obviously, when I had totally unlimited call minutes, land line useage didn't matter. But now it does. I saw and bought the Groove IP app which integrates with your Google Voice. I might have misunderstood it's function. I thought that if I made a call to a land line during peak hours, I could use the GrooveIP App and call out over my data connection. I don't see how I could get incoming land line calls over data though. Does anyone of you experts know? AAMOF does anyone know if my outgoing calls over Groove are definitely in fact being charged to minutes or to data. I have read conflicting reports.

So, is anyone familiar with the Groove IP App and have any suggestions how to monitor and limit my land line calls, in or out.

Mom2Ninjas

May 25, 2010
Visit site
I don't believe that they do count against your minutes, but I could be wrong.

Your with Sprint, if I remember correctly, and Sprint doesn't count calls to mobile devices against your mintues ever. So free weekends, free nights, free mobile to mobile..... You should be fine. That leaves all your mintues for your landline calls.

I'm in a family of 4 and we split 1500 mintues and we NEVER come close to it.

Wish I could help more with Groove Ip though.

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
If using groove ip, no, as long as the Google voice number isn't integrated with Sprint. Call Sprint and ask if they are, and if so, get them UN integrated.

You can receive incoming, as long as groove ip is on and says it's on in the notification area

~swyped from a galaxy (note 2) far far away

Stixandroid

May 30, 2013
Visit site
If you have set up Groove IP properly, NO. they do not. With Google Voice you have 3 options to forward your calls. To your cellphone, to your landline, or to Google Chat. In order to get free calls you MUST have your Google Number forwarded to GOOGLE CHAT... next you need to be using the WiFi ONLY. IF you use 3G-or 4G or anything else you may get DATA charges and they are usually hefty if you don't have a good plan. So Err on the side of caution. Make sure Google Number is forwarded to GOOGLE CHAT. and Always use only WiFi connection. Calls are currently free in USA and Canada. There are rates for other places.

volkerbradley

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
How does one only use Wireless if cellular service is also available? I tried using airplane mode and turning Wireless on. When I did that, I could call phones with Groove IP but the persons I called could not hear me and I could not hear them.
Any suggestions?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress