app storage

Paterick

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Thinking of switching from an EVO 4G and want to know how much app storage this phone has. I hope its around 4 GB like the EVO 3D and Photon. Anyone know for sure?

BRIVERS73

May 7, 2010
Visit site
In the Mobileburn part 2 review it was stated that there was 1.8GB of storage for apps

Check here around 1:50 into it

Last edited:

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Yup that pt2 MobileBurn video basically confirmed that the amount allocated to app storage is the same as the International Galaxy SII, which is about 2GB. Then a certain amount of the 16GB internal storage is taken up by the system files, leaving the rest as available USB memory.

However, I believe you can move apps around to different storage options (internal USB memory or SD card) once you've installed them. I remember reading that there is a built in app in TouchWiz to do this.

dkotoric

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Thinking of switching from an EVO 4G and want to know how much app storage this phone has. I hope its around 4 GB like the EVO 3D and Photon. Anyone know for sure?

Evo 3d doesnt have 4gb for apps it only has 1gb the other 3 are dpr system files, where the gs2 has 2gb for apps and 11.5 for everything else