Epic 4g Touch and Sprint TV

Dissident

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Will the Epic Touch 4g output Sprint TV via the HDMI port to a TV/PC?

I ask this question because I am told that most phones will not and that there are only a couple that actually do?

My wife has heard that Sprint TV includes Disney Channel and now has it in her head that she has to have a phone that will output it to the TV for the kids.

I know absolutely nothing about Sprint TV, so please educate me. If the phone will output it, what resolution will it be output at?

Phenom

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
From my understanding, the phone can mirror everything onto a TV if you have the HDMI adapter. So you can look at Sprint TV, text messages, angry birds or whatever on your big screen. Now how good they'll look on the larger screen, I'm not sure. It probably depends on the app...

Dissident

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
From my understanding, the phone can mirror everything onto a TV if you have the HDMI adapter. So you can look at Sprint TV, text messages, angry birds or whatever on your big screen. Now how good they'll look on the larger screen, I'm not sure. It probably depends on the app...

Well my wife was in the Sprint store tonight and the guy had her convinced that this phone will not output Sprint TV, and that she would need to buy the Photon or the Evo 3d. I told her to take that info with a grain of salt and I would check here!

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Well my wife was in the Sprint store tonight and the guy had her convinced that this phone will not output Sprint TV, and that she would need to buy the Photon or the Evo 3d. I told her to take that info with a grain of salt and I would check here!

Since this phone will do full HDMI mirroring, I see no reason why you will not be able to output Sprint TV to your big screen, as it's simply displaying what you're seeing on your phone's screen. The quality might be a bit poor however.

The Disney Channel on Sprint TV is one of my go-tos when I'm out and about with my 3 year old and really need to get her to settle down for a bit. It's free and is pretty good. I'd never use it at home though. We have U-Verse which has plenty of free kids content on demand.

That honestly sounds like a salesperson trying to sell your wife a phone before she left the store.

Dissident

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Since this phone will do full HDMI mirroring, I see no reason why you will not be able to output Sprint TV to your big screen, as it's simply displaying what you're seeing on your phone's screen. The quality might be a bit poor however.

The Disney Channel on Sprint TV is one of my go-tos when I'm out and about with my 3 year old and really need to get her to settle down for a bit. It's free and is pretty good. I'd never use it at home though. We have U-Verse which has plenty of free kids content on demand.

That honestly sounds like a salesperson trying to sell your wife a phone before she left the store.

That was my thought! She was inquiring about a phone that was not released and therefore they knew no sale for them!

So if it is pure mirroring, then resolution is going to be identical to the phone's display...So poor output quality!

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
So if it is pure mirroring, then resolution is going to be identical to the phone's display...So poor output quality!

It all depends on the source content. If you take 1080p video with your phone, it's going to output at full HD to your TV. If you download a 1080p movie to your phone, same deal. However, I can't imagine Sprint TV content being even 720p, and that's the potential problem.

When I get my phone I'll give it a try and let you know what I find. I'm ordering my cable from Monoprice tonight.

Reactions: Dissident

|-KGB-|CaptHowdy

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
my photon wont output sprint tv, when i try it tells me this is not available while connected to hdmi. i assume e4gt will be the same. but the quality is **** anyways

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Well it took me awhile to get around to it, but I can officially confirm that Sprint TV does not work over HDMI. I tried it last night, and a message pops up that says the content cannot be output.

I did play some of the videos I've taken with the phone however, and it's great. It did show me that I need to hold the phone much more steady when taking video though heh. Either that or the image stabilizer doesn't work very well. You can really see the shakes on a 50" screen.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty