Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Stock for now

Talking Lockscreens!!!

So I'm a big fan of the Epic 4G Touch and the way it displays my text message notifications, and how I can just swipe into the received message. I had previously set up Agile Lock on my Photon to swipe into applications but I found it to be a tad buggy and not that great.

Is there anything that can get me directly into a text message, or an email, as well as load an app or two? I'd be curious to see what you guys use for lock screens.

Thanks in advance!!

Jeff
    Nexus 5, Galaxy S3, Epic 4G Touch, Photon, Evo, Pre, Moto Q, Curve, PPC-6700, just to name a few
    I've been borderline addicting to getting new cell phones since 1998

Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Lockscreens!!!

I use widgetlocker it's a great lockscreen app. It's 1.99 in the market. You can customize it for the wants that your asking for.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    ROM
    Will be rooted

I agree with the post above. :-) widget locker allows you to do all that. Lots of different customizations to. You can download different sliders to.
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

ROM
    Stock for now

Cool I suppose I really want the sliders and something that will interact well with the OS. I felt like Agile Lock was a sloppy replacement for something that could be so much better.

Jeff
    Nexus 5, Galaxy S3, Epic 4G Touch, Photon, Evo, Pre, Moto Q, Curve, PPC-6700, just to name a few

Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Before i bought this phone i was against buying apps. But sometime you gotta go that little extra to fully customize your phone. I don't think their are any free lockscreen apps that are as good as widgetlocker. Someone correct me if i'm wrong on that but i'm pretty sure.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

ROM
    Stock for now

GCMS,

That seems to be my experience as well. I'm find buying something here and there to get my phone exactly how I want it. I just want to make sure that the apps I do buy will end up doing what I want them to do. I love the way the phone works stock, and wish I could just add more "TouchWiz" sliders to my lockscreen to do the things I want.

Jeff

Widget Locker is a neat app if you're looking for more out of your lockscreen. Here is my current TouchWiz slider style theme that I'm working on. It's still a work in progress, as it's not quite where I want it to be yet, but it will give you an idea of how you can set sliders to take you directly to Apps like Phone, Messages and Camera from the lockscreen. You can also use ADW Notifier to show the little red circle for pending notifications, but I'm using the text based app called Missed It! for those things for now. Anyhoo, attached is a screen cap to give you an idea of what I'm talking about.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lockscreens!!!-sc20111004-094020.png  
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by JayWill72 View Post
    Widget Locker is a neat app if you're looking for more out of your lockscreen. Here is my current TouchWiz slider style theme that I'm working on. It's still a work in progress, as it's not quite where I want it to be yet, but it will give you an idea of how you can set sliders to take you directly to Apps like Phone, Messages and Camera from the lockscreen. You can also use ADW Notifier to show the little red circle for pending notifications, but I'm using the text based app called Missed It! for those things for now. Anyhoo, attached is a screen cap to give you an idea of what I'm talking about.
    That is a really awesome home screen. Is that built using Widget Locker with a little Missed It! thrown in? I would probably looked to recreate something similar.

Will the sliders take you to the received text message, email or call?

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by oskar1995 View Post
    That is a really awesome home screen. Is that built using Widget Locker with a little Missed It! thrown in? I would probably looked to recreate something similar.

Will the sliders take you to the received text message, email or call?
    Yes it was built using Widget Locker ($1.99). It's a mish mash of a couple custom slider themes I got from XDA, Missed It! ($0.99) for the text showing a count for Missed calls, emails and messages, and the clock at the top is an app called Digital Clock Widget (free). The clock is temporary though. I'm going to be using the popular Minimalistic Text (free) app, to handle the clock, date and text based battery life. But because you can do almost anything with it, it requires a lot of setup time which I haven't gotten around to yet.

Yes the colored sliders take you directly to the app I set for it from the lockscreen.

Here is the HUGE XDA thread that has a bunch of custom themes:

[THEMES] WidgetLocker Theme Collection - xda-developers

Also, there is a abbreviated thread that consolidates many of them here:

[THEMES] WidgetLocker Theme Collection *** only THEMES *** - xda-developers

If anything, these will give you an idea of what you can do with Widget Locker.
    Thanked by:
    oskar1995 likes this.

Here is mines i have it where i get email messaging internet and calling too i think
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lockscreens!!!-sc20111004-121937.png  
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

ROM
    Stock for now

Arieljanae,

What app did you use for that? is that using Widget Locker?

Jeff

Arieljanae,

What app did you use for that? is that using Widget Locker?
    Yes it is. That is more of the stock Widget Locker experience. All of those sliders and the clock and battery text comes with the App.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

ROM
    Stock for now

Wow, seems like a really power app. I guess my last question about it would be: if i have a text message and use the slider, does it take me to the message app, or does it take me to message I received? Right now the stock unlock takes me to the exact message (only works for texts not my gmail messages). I kind of like that feature, but I just want to make sure I know what I am getting.

Thanks again guys and gals.

Jeff

Wow, seems like a really power app. I guess my last question about it would be: if i have a text message and use the slider, does it take me to the message app, or does it take me to message I received? Right now the stock unlock takes me to the exact message (only works for texts not my gmail messages). I kind of like that feature, but I just want to make sure I know what I am getting.

Thanks again guys and gals.
    The best I can tell so far, it takes you to either your SMS Inbox, or the last message thread you were in if the SMS app is still running in the background. It will not take you to the exact message. I don't mind this personally, as the stock SMS app has a little indicator on the Inbox list for unread text messages.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

ROM
    Stock for now

It certainly isn't a deal breaker by any stretch of the imagination. I like the ability to customize the lock screen a little more and Agile Lock wasn't cutting it.

I really appreciate the time you have taken to answer all of my questions. I didn't make a lot of big modification to my Evo and I only rooted my Photon to save some games with data, but I'm looking to get into more stuff with my E4GT.

Jeff

I was trying agile lock, but certain things would bring up the stock lock screen instead. Does widget locker behave in the same way?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

I really appreciate the time you have taken to answer all of my questions. I didn't make a lot of big modification to my Evo and I only rooted my Photon to save some games with data, but I'm looking to get into more stuff with my E4GT.
    Don't mention it! That's what we have this community for!

Good luck with it if you decide to take the leap. I fit turns out you don't like it, it's cheaper than a cup of coffee.

ROM
    Blazer ROM/Stock Kernel

Just don't ever take jay's advice

~will work for food~

Quote Originally Posted by tkemack View Post
    Just don't ever take jay's advice

~will work for food~
    Now THAT'S some good advice!

Hi sorry i took so long but jay answered for me lol yes you can set it for any application u want. It has a way to edit it and you can change the icon to any pic in your gallery or to the icons that come with the app. Its pretty cool. If you do try to use a picture for an iccon though make sure you choose the option to crop picture because if you don't ot will be side ways if its a large image. But if you need anything ask. I stayed up all night learning about it and I've been downloading new themes because im using stock right now. I don't feel like i wasted 2 bucks!
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

ROM
    Stock for now

Thanks again for those that pointed me in the direction of Widget Locker. Still working on finding a way to see if it can go directly into an unread message, but so far this is a great start.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lockscreens!!!-sc20111005-100034.png  

Jeff

Thanks again for those that pointed me in the direction of Widget Locker. Still working on finding a way to see if it can go directly into an unread message, but so far this is a great start.
    What widgetlocker theme is that? I like it.
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by romanodog View Post
    What widgetlocker theme is that? I like it.
    Romanodog,

Its a Samsung Galaxy S2 theme from the XDA Thread

Go to the second page and you will see all the files. It has 6 different themes for the colors (i used one of each color). The icon package is included as well but I'm not sure how to upload them into the app. Pretty easy set up overall. Now I'm just keeping my eyes peeled for an add on or app or widget that would take me to the actual unread message (like the standard lockscreen will do for the E4GT).

Jeff
    Thanked by:

Romanodog,

The icon package is included as well but I'm not sure how to upload them into the app. Pretty easy set up overall. Now I'm just keeping my eyes peeled for an add on or app or widget that would take me to the actual unread message (like the standard lockscreen will do for the E4GT).
    The icons are just images, so you can pull them out of the ZIP and put them into one of your gallery folders (like downloads for example) then access them from Widget Locker under "Browse Gallery" or "Browse Files". Then when you're done you can delete the images from the gallery (Widget Locker seems to save them somewhere once used). There may be a cleaner way to do it, but it was the only way I could get it to work.

By the way, kudos on figuring out how to install and use the custom sliders, and set them up in Widget Locker so quickly. It's easy once you get the hang of it, but the app isn't exactly user friendly. Seems you caught on pretty quick!

Global Posts
    1,034 Global Posts
    ROM
    we will see what comes

am i missing something as far as getting a image on the color? i think i understand what i am doing, i have all of the images in my download folder and can play with them but it seems like i have to pick a color or an icon.
    thanks

Romanodog,

Its a Samsung Galaxy S2 theme from the XDA Thread

Go to the second page and you will see all the files. It has 6 different themes for the colors (i used one of each color). The icon package is included as well but I'm not sure how to upload them into the app. Pretty easy set up overall. Now I'm just keeping my eyes peeled for an add on or app or widget that would take me to the actual unread message (like the standard lockscreen will do for the E4GT).
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast