Epic 4G Touch vs Iphone 4S (You knew it was coming)

Citymusic08

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
I've gotten into many debates so far, about this topic, and even though we've yet to see the 4S in action, I still believe the GS2 Trumps it. What do you think?

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Epic Touch for the win.

I do fee bad for some of the iphone fanboy loyal though.
Many of them are feeling pretty let down with what apples providing.

D.P.G.

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Just got the Samsung 5 Day's ago and the large screen size means it's a keeper. I have an iPad but prefer the Android interface. Guess thats why I like this phone.

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I love Samsung and Android so no matter what the Iphone had the E4GT would be a win for me. I don't care about there specs and even if its a better phone then mine it will still loose this battle for me...

oskar1995

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
Have to agree with the previous posters about the whole 3.5" screen. Its definitely powerful on a similar level as the SGS2 line. I think Apple prefers the DPI advantage of the smaller screen and they don't want to change the resolution (requires more battery) to go up in size. All my Apple friends actually admitted this was very underwhelming from a phone upgrade. Same chassis was disappointing.

i think the battery life on the Apple devices is usually pretty great (they under clock all of their CPUs and GPUs so that helps SIGNIFICANTLY). I think this is also why they wont up the screen and resolution (DPI issue noted above)

I cannot stand having one button and trying to navigate all the menus and options that you would have on a phone.

The OS just feels dated, Widgets are just awesome

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Well I hope Heese didn't drop as much money rumored for this thing because Nexus Prime will destroy it.

Oh and for those thinking Prime will be carried by Sprint don't count on it.
Im betting Apple deal keeps it off Sprint Christmas list.

bmrisko

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
I've played with my mom's iPhone 4 before and have not been impressed. It just feels like a smaller, 2+ year old phone. E4GT wins for me in every category (except for Verizon coverage in some areas), but not enough to make me ever consider switching.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I am happy Sprint is getting the iPhone. I still respect it, and thank it for pushing android. It is clear that android is pushing the iPhone nowadays. The Epic touch is hands down a winner. Media on the display knocks em dead, and with music beta, and other core Google apps =win. I can't wait for the VZW and t mo crowd to have some of this super Sammy tech. Great year for android.

dguidry12

Banned
Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
With the reception issues of the SG2 I was actually waiting for what Apple had to announce and I have no interest in Apple at all. But after seeing this company and it's shannanigans and complete arrogance to what consumers want by bringing out the same small phone with minor upgrades and a supposedly "amazing" voice operations I am appauled. Nothing but another marketing gimmick just like face time was as problably only 40% of users actually use (my opinion). With that said I don't think that the Iphone4S can even compete with the Evo 3d launched months ago let alone hold a candle to the SGS2 or the comparible Photon. Upgraded camera and processor is the only thing new here as all other additions are software related and will be available to the IP4. So ill be returning the SG2 to Sprint and picking up the Photon and getting the GS2 on T-mobile with the new 30$ a month plan. I can't stop laughing at the Apple fanboys but no doubt they will buy it in droves as they have in the past. too me the "s" in iphone 4s stands for SUCKERS!!!!!

Cubfan

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
Oh my God... when I think of all these Apple Dbags talking to their phones thinking they're so cool, it makes me gag.

dguidry12

Banned
Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Also, frankly im tired of swiping a bunch of apps left and right up or down. Both OS's seem dated to me. Im just waiting for a powerhouse phone from Windows 7.5..With true multitasking and something fresh and NEW!

Reactions: mahylo

Citymusic08

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
With the reception issues of the SG2 I was actually waiting for what Apple had to announce and I have no interest in Apple at all. But after seeing this company and it's shannanigans and complete arrogance to what consumers want by bringing out the same small phone with minor upgrades and a supposedly "amazing" voice operations I am appauled. Nothing but another marketing gimmick just like face time was as problably only 40% of users actually use (my opinion). With that said I don't think that the Iphone4S can even compete with the Evo 3d launched months ago let alone hold a candle to the SGS2 or the comparible Photon. Upgraded camera and processor is the only thing new here as all other additions are software related and will be available to the IP4. So ill be returning the SG2 to Sprint and picking up the Photon and getting the GS2 on T-mobile with the new 30$ a month plan. I can't stop laughing at the Apple fanboys but no doubt they will buy it in droves as they have in the past. too me the "s" in iphone 4s stands for SUCKERS!!!!!

But T-Mobile's GS2 has Snapdragon instead of Exynos :(

Reactions: whiteshadow001

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
But T-Mobile's GS2 has Snapdragon instead of Exynos :(

This thread is great for laughs. I don't get the snapdragon thing except that it was better for the t mo partnership as a whole? One thing in the geek world that made the SGSII the Shiite is the processor. This chip is so bad arse. Samsung Targets Exynos 4212 CPU for High-End Devices
The Exynos 4210 supports ARM's SIMD engine (also known as Media Processing Engine, or 'NEON' instructions), and may give a significant performance advantage in critical performance situations such as accelerated decoding for many multimedia codecs and formats

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site

Not only the fact that they only upgraded the camera and processor, but it took them 16 MONTHS!!! That's a year and a quarter to only upgrade the camera, bump up the processor, iOS5 which every iOS device gets anyways, a voice control 'feature' that's been out for years, and just to add on top, the phone is 0.1oz. heavier than the iPhone 4 (of course, not serious about the last thing :p)! They could've done A LOT more things in that time frame. What Apple did, Samsung could do in a couple of months (Galaxy Note anyone?).

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Not only the fact that they only upgraded the camera and processor, but it took them 16 MONTHS!!! That's a year and a quarter to only upgrade the camera, bump up the processor, iOS5 which every iOS device gets anyways, a voice control 'feature' that's been out for years, and just to add on top, the phone is 0.1oz. heavier than the iPhone 4 (of course, not serious about the last thing :p)! They could've done A LOT more things in that time frame. What Apple did, Samsung could do in a couple of months (Galaxy Note anyone?).
Trying to sue Samsung took up lots of their time give them a break :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty