Data Storage in my SD instead the USB

aog3

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Ladies and Gents. Please help and excuse my ignorance :confused:, here is my question. How I can get my phone to store my pics, videos, and data in my SD card not my USB storage? I'll be waiting for your promptly response to this matter of mutual concern. Thanks in advance!!!

duddy23b

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I use the app called App 2 Sd on Android Market for free, it comes with advertisement but it allows me to move just about all apps to SD card as well as shows you what's on your phone or SD card and what should not be moved to the SD card. Give it a try, i'm also sure others will chime with some other good suggestion and know so you came to the right place.

mrcminnesota

Apr 10, 2010
Visit site
Do you want it stored on the "external SD"? You can go to camera settings (upper left corner when you open camera)/storage - choose memory card.

You can "move" files to the external SD card (or any folder) using the MyFiles app/touch the folder/file/to bring up the menu - choose "move" and then find the folder you want to move to.

If anyone knows how to "default" the saving of attachments from email/messaging to the external SD card, would love to know. Haven't figured that one out yet

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Yes for having pictures and videos store automatically on your sd card, you have to set that in your camera app under settings. This will not move existing pictures and videos though. You would have to move those manually.

For apps, once installed there is an option under manage applications to move each app to your sd card. But honestly, unless you have a TON of apps, there's no reason to do it. This phone has ample storage allocated for applications.

If you want to move files around on the phone rather than use a PC, a great free file manager is called ES File Explorer. It has all the multi-file select and move/copy functions you would need. Astro File Manager is a popular free one as well.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo