Recently Switched From Evo to Epic... Need Help!

May 2, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, I'm new here, and I had a couple quick questions about my new phone. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

First thing, is that all my contacts are synced with facebook, and when I receive phone calls, a picture (facebook profile pic) shows up of the contact that is calling. This picture is horrible!!! Super pixelated, and small. My EVO brought up a nice big pic, that looked great. Is there a way to change this to make it look better, or do I have to upload a picture manually for each contact? Otherwise, is there a way to disable the pics altogether?

2nd, Is there a way to change the lock screen so that I can use a slider to unlock it, rather than sliding the whole screen to the side?

3rd, when I adjust the ringer all the way down, it switches to vibrate, but not silent. Is there not a silent option on this phone, or is it somewhere harder to get to?

4th, I really liked the HTC clock on my last phone, does anyone know the name of a free widget that is similar to it?

And last but not least, I've never put movies on my mobile devices before, and I was assuming that all of my blu-rays that include digital copy should easily be transferred to my phone, but I have been reading that it might not be that simple.... Is there a walkthrough of some sort that someone could link me to? I'm really looking forward to putting some of my movies onto my phone.

Thanks for any help you guys can offer, and I apologize if these are kind of newbie questions.

lilotimz

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, I'm new here, and I had a couple quick questions about my new phone. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

First thing, is that all my contacts are synced with facebook, and when I receive phone calls, a picture (facebook profile pic) shows up of the contact that is calling. This picture is horrible!!! Super pixelated, and small. My EVO brought up a nice big pic, that looked great. Is there a way to change this to make it look better, or do I have to upload a picture manually for each contact? Otherwise, is there a way to disable the pics altogether?

I'm pretty sure you can delete the pictures of your sync'd contacts. To delete the contact pic, go to contacts, press and hold onto the contact you want toe dit and a menu should pop up. You press edit, then press and hold on the icon again till another menu comes up before you press one of the three options that pop up

2nd, Is there a way to change the lock screen so that I can use a slider to unlock it, rather than sliding the whole screen to the side?

I believe there are lock screen apps on the market (play store) that allows you to slide it. I recommend you google it and pick the one that you love the best

3rd, when I adjust the ringer all the way down, it switches to vibrate, but not silent. Is there not a silent option on this phone, or is it somewhere harder to get to?

Slide down the menu and press on sound. It should then have a line through it but if it vibrates still;this is what you do.

Settings
Sound
Vibration
[never]

4th, I really liked the HTC clock on my last phone, does anyone know the name of a free widget that is similar to it?

Fancy widgets

And last but not least, I've never put movies on my mobile devices before, and I was assuming that all of my blu-rays that include digital copy should easily be transferred to my phone, but I have been reading that it might not be that simple.... Is there a walkthrough of some sort that someone could link me to? I'm really looking forward to putting some of my movies onto my phone.

Drag and drop into the your phones SD storage. You might need to find an alternative video playing app if the stock one doesn't play your digital copies.

Thanks for any help you guys can offer, and I apologize if these are kind of newbie questions.

May 2, 2012
Visit site
Hey, thanks a ton! Got everything figured out (with your help) except the movies part.

I tried using dvd shrink and handbrake on my copy of inception... Took an hour to decrypt, and another hour to convert, but I think I'm doing it wrong, since the movie came out to be 17gb, lol. I havent tried any of my movies that include digital copy yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa