Made mistake of updating to 4.0.3 Build FD24

Murphy5111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
So I didn't root my phone, just installed a leaked build of ICS (I think). It's really buggy so I wanted to go back to EL29. I really don't want to delete my data though. If I leave it alone and sprint pushes out the final ICS build, can I just update it since I'm not rooted? Or will it not recognize my current OS version or build? Thanks

Dark_Knight2

Banned
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
So I didn't root my phone, just installed a leaked build of ICS (I think). It's really buggy so I wanted to go back to EL29. I really don't want to delete my data though. If I leave it alone and sprint pushes out the final ICS build, can I just update it since I'm not rooted? Or will it not recognize my current OS version or build? Thanks

The official 4.0.4 update that sammy will push to devices sometime by 2014 :D It will see what update you are on and reject the update. You have to be on EL29 to update. You need to Download Odin and Flash EL29 Odin Tar by SFhub on xda. Otherwise you are stuck on buggy FD24 FOREVER.

Sent From A Rotary Phone

Reactions: Murphy5111

blackmannx#AC

Panda Motherfrinkin King
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
More than likely it will not recognize you as having the correct build. what data are you looking to save? most of it is in the cloud and you can always upload pics/video to dropbox on the mobile app.

Murphy5111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
More than likely it will not recognize you as having the correct build. what data are you looking to save? most of it is in the cloud and you can always upload pics/video to dropbox on the mobile app.

Thanks, I just don't want to have to install all 100 apps again and put my email accounts including exchange. I think all my pictures and videos are on the sd card. Can I just update to a more recent build? I saw there is an FF18 or something but that has an exchange sync bug. Would that be the same way to install? (I just downloaded the update file to sd card and ran the update). Thanks again

Dark_Knight2

Banned
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, I just don't want to have to install all 100 apps again and put my email accounts including exchange. I think all my pictures and videos are on the sd card. Can I just update to a more recent build? I saw there is an FF18 or something but that has an exchange sync bug. Would that be the same way to install? (I just downloaded the update file to sd card and ran the update). Thanks again

FF18 doesnt have the exchange bug.

Sent From A Rotary Phone

Murphy5111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
I know people say that it's easy to root and install ROMs but all I did was installa leaked update and I'm already in way over my head! Thanks for your help. I'll just leave it where it is and get rid of this phone once my ETF gets to a reasonable level.

Dark_Knight2

Banned
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I know people say that it's easy to root and install ROMs but all I did was installa leaked update and I'm already in way over my head! Thanks for your help. I'll just leave it where it is and get rid of this phone once my ETF gets to a reasonable level.

Odin is so simple to use. Dont let it get to you. Its so easy a caveman could do it :rolleyes:

Sent From A Rotary Phone

Murphy5111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Odin is so simple to use. Dont let it get to you. Its so easy a caveman could do it :rolleyes:

Sent From A Rotary Phone

Ok so I stepped back from the ledge. Can I just use the instructions on the xda site for "[GUIDE] Using ODIN to flash your Epic 4G Touch (windows only)." I also saw that there is an FD26. Can i install that without going through using Odin. Thanks again for your help - I don't want to brick my phone.

Dark_Knight2

Banned
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Ok so I stepped back from the ledge. Can I just use the instructions on the xda site for "[GUIDE] Using ODIN to flash your Epic 4G Touch (windows only)." I also saw that there is an FD26. Can i install that without going through using Odin. Thanks again for your help - I don't want to brick my phone.

FD24 and FD26 are 2 days apart. And no you cant. The update.zip checks to see if your on EL29 2.3.6 and if your not it will abort the install. You have to go back to EL29. Plus we are now on FF18. The FD24 are over two months old.

Sent From A Rotary Phone

Murphy5111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
FD24 and FD26 are 2 days apart. And no you cant. The update.zip checks to see if your on EL29 2.3.6 and if your not it will abort the install. You have to go back to EL29. Plus we are now on FF18. The FD24 are over two months old.

Sent From A Rotary Phone

Ok. so Install Odin and go back to EL29. Can I install Odin with what I currently have? Then from there if I am "rooted" I should be able to install FF18? Or should I just do a factory reset? Thanks

Dark_Knight2

Banned
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Ok. so Install Odin and go back to EL29. Can I install Odin with what I currently have? Then from there if I am "rooted" I should be able to install FF18? Or should I just do a factory reset? Thanks

You dont "need" root to install FF18 but I highly recommend it ;)

Sent From A Rotary Phone

DEF3NDER

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
You didn't make a backup first?? I made a nandroid of my stock setup so that in 15 years when sprint releases the official ICS I can restore my stock setup and and get the update. I will probably just flash a jellybean build instead though. :D

Murphy5111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
You didn't make a backup first?? I made a nandroid of my stock setup so that in 15 years when sprint releases the official ICS I can restore my stock setup and and get the update. I will probably just flash a jellybean build instead though. :D

No, I don't have any luck with backups. I get major issues, duplicates and problems everytime.

Murphy5111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Im downloading [ODIN][TAR] SPH-D710.EL29_CL852097 (EL29 Modem/Kernel/ROM - Full Restore - Rooted) - Please someone stop me if this is going to be a problem. As I said, all I did was install FD24, I did not root. Will this cause a problem? It will finish downloading in 27 min. Let me know. Thanks

Dark_Knight2

Banned
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Im downloading [ODIN][TAR] SPH-D710.EL29_CL852097 (EL29 Modem/Kernel/ROM - Full Restore - Rooted) - Please someone stop me if this is going to be a problem. As I said, all I did was install FD24, I did not root. Will this cause a problem? It will finish downloading in 27 min. Let me know. Thanks

Go for the gold :D

Sent From A Rotary Phone