where are my texts located on my phone?

therenegadenail

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
im going to flash a new rom and want to back up some data via titanium backup, and i want to save my texts so i can have them on the new rom, but i cant really figure out what to backup, i know if i do the messaging app itself it just does the prefs of it

thanks for any help!

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
im going to flash a new rom and want to back up some data via titanium backup, and i want to save my texts so i can have them on the new rom, but i cant really figure out what to backup, i know if i do the messaging app itself it just does the prefs of it

thanks for any help!

Many have found SMS backup and restore free from the playstore very useful.

Titanium can save your apps and app data. Make sure you go into preferences a make your external sdcard your location. The easiest way I've found is by copying the titanium backup folder from your internal card to your external. Then in preferences tell titanium backup to search your into device for backups. When it finds both locations choose your external card as the default location.

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
If you have Titanium Backup Pro, it can backup your SMS and MMS messages. The option is under Settings/Backup data to XML. I used to use SMS Backup and Restore, but it doesn't backup the pictures sent via MMS.

Dazo

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I have Titanium Pro from my rooted OG Evo days, but I haven't rooted my GS3 yet. Therefore, I can't use Titanium yet.
I want to tether so I'm going to root. I'm guessing I'd have to use SMS backup/restore...?
I seem to recall using Amon RA, will that backup my sms/mms?
Thanks ppl.

Swyped from a different Galaxy using Tapatalk 2.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I have Titanium Pro from my rooted OG Evo days, but I haven't rooted my GS3 yet. Therefore, I can't use Titanium yet.
I want to tether so I'm going to root. I'm guessing I'd have to use SMS backup/restore...?
I seem to recall using Amon RA, will that backup my sms/mms?
Thanks ppl.

Swyped from a different Galaxy using Tapatalk 2.

Amon RA is for htc phones only. The Samsung gs3 uses TWRP or CWM recovery's But yes, nandroids will backup all your sms messages.