**Solved** Help Wanted: SGH-i747 Bricked.

SamScrewed

Mar 18, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys.

I hard-bricked my Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-i747 - apparently flashing a rom that I shouldn't have. I had moved from 4.3 to 4.4.4 (custom) to 5.0.1 (custom). The standard phone app doesn't work but I got Open Camera which did so that was fine. The phone got very hot one evening so I took the battery out and let it cool properly before restoring it. A few days later I found that my camera app wasn't working so decided to go back to stock. Hard brick. I have been scouring the internet for a solution that doesn't require me shamefacedly giving it to a repair shop. I also want to learn as much as I can so here I am. I wrote an unbrick 4.3 image to an sdcard (32 gb) as it was the only one available and the phone booted up. I got into download mode and used ODIN to flash the correct stock rom for 4.3 after having taken the sdcard out. The phone will not boot to recovery mode and only boots at all with the sd card in. ODIN says it successfully flashed the 4.3 stock rom and a quick look at the settings confirms this. I am at a loss as to what to do next and would appreciate any assistance offered. Kies recognizes the phone but doesn't seem to be able to assist me further.:(

**UPDATE**

I was able to install CWM and Slimkat 4.4.4 using the Unified Android ToolKit but the phone refuses to boot up via the internal storage. I had to write the 4.3 image to my sdcard and the phone then booted to 4.4.4. How do I force the phone to boot via the internal storage? Again, any assistance will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited:

SamScrewed

Mar 18, 2015
Visit site
Re: Help Wanted: SGH-i747 Bricked.

I re-installed the stock rom to go back to 4.3 UCUEMJB then installed UCUEMJB_to_UCUFNE4_Firmware_update. This left me with a new problem of no wireless connection, so next I installed the UCUFNE4 OTA in zip format and installed that. Voila - everything working as it should, auto-recovery in place, stock 4.4.2, booting from internal storage. The Unified Android ToolKit was invaluable in resolving this matter and will hopefully help anyone who has the same problem.

Regards,

Sam.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Help Wanted: SGH-i747 Bricked.

Welcome to Android Central, and thanks for letting us know of your solution!

Subhra Gupta

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
i have rooted my s3 i747 in india...my device status is custom but the root is not working.....and i also have installed d2att_I747UCUEMJB_modem.zip and UCUEMJB_to_UCUFNE4_Firmware_update.zip .....and now i have unexpectedly removed my 4.3 stock rom and my phone has no os....and i cannot flash any stocks roms... why?