Phone not syncing with playstore on PC after nandroid restore

Ez Duzit

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
This is driving me nuts. I restored a nandroid of wicked sensations that I've been setting up the way I want. The nandroid was from a fresh flash and up to this point I'd only installed MyBackup Pro and Titanium Backup pro, but haven't used either yet. So I went to the Google playstore on my PCt to install about 15-20 of my main stay apps, (it's much easier to install several apps from there then from the actual phone.) Anyway the playstore via PC won't download anything to my phone and it still shows all the apps as installed that were on the phone prior to the restore. It's still synced with the phone from before the restore. So I reinstalled the nandroid of JB 4.1.1 stock, (made right before I reloaded the wicked sensation nandroid), that was on the phone right before all this started. Synced back up with the playstore no problem. But when I restore wicked sensations it doesn't sync.
Any ideas on how to force the playstore (on the PC) to see what my phone is currently running (after a nandroid restore to different rom)?
On my work break now but hope for a few replies by the time I get home.

Buddlespit

Wannabe kewl
Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
It's not seeing your phone. I sometimes would have to "Manage AndroidIDs" from Titanium Backup to make Play remember my phone. I currently have 2 or 3 different IDs on Play.

Ez Duzit

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
It's not seeing your phone. I sometimes would have to "Manage AndroidIDs" from Titanium Backup to make Play remember my phone. I currently have 2 or 3 different IDs on Play.

Thanks B. Just wanna say, after reading your sig tons of times I finally looked up what Socrates drank... Holy crap that was messed up :eek:
Anyway I never had any reason to mess with android id's before so bear with me. I spent almost an hour on the Titanium knowledge base but that function didn't even get a mention that I could find. Anyway, I fired up Titanium and under "Manage Android ID" there are options to "Create new (random) Android ID" and to "Restore ID from backup". No option to back up current ID? Would creating a new ID use the new ID on the current setup?
So how does this work? How would I set up another account on the play store? Will I need diff email addy for each account? And finally how would I utilize Titanium to make it all work?
Appreciate the help.

Edit - So now I'm having file system errors. It's going to be a little while before I can mess with the IDs. I'll probably be posting a separate thread anytime now.

Last edited:

Buddlespit

Wannabe kewl
Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
The ID's will all be synced to your one gmail account. If you try to restore one from a previous backup, that might fix it.... If you create a new one, you'll then have to re-install all of your apps (via TitsBU, without data), then link all of the apps back to play. Once everything is sync'ed up, you can then go back to play and "hide" the AndroidID's (you'll see them as multiple phones).

You've probably made a butt-load of teens google Socrates... :thumpsup:

edit: with your name, are you a friend of Bills', too?

Ez Duzit

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
The ID's will all be synced to your one gmail account. If you try to restore one from a previous backup, that might fix it.... If you create a new one, you'll then have to re-install all of your apps (via TitsBU, without data), then link all of the apps back to play. Once everything is sync'ed up, you can then go back to play and "hide" the AndroidID's (you'll see them as multiple phones).

You've probably made a butt-load of teens google Socrates... :thumpsup:

edit: with your name, are you a friend of Bills', too?

This little problem turned out to be a giant pain in the arse. Tried the way you mentioned above but no joy. The playstore still showed the same 2 IDs. One for my old Optimus S and the same one that was there for the Galaxy S3. But you did steer me in the right direction with the IDs. Needed more info so I wound up doing way too much reading to find out more about those damn IDs. And tried so many different things, I must of flashed back and forth between different nandroid versions 15-20 times the other night. No matter what I did, google wouldn't recognize any backups I loaded from wicked sensations even though they worked perfectly. Finally decided to try reinstalling it from scratch and that worked, although now my phone has a different Android ID AND a different Google Services Framework ID Key (GSF id). So that means none of my previous nandroids will properly sync with google. And the ID that was there for my GS3 before all this, is just gone. After the fresh rom install, I saw the device name had changed back to the default name and that's when I knew it worked. But now when I plug the phone into my pc to xfer big files, freaking windows yells at me saying that now it doesn't recognize the device id. Sigh...
Anyway, I still only have one device id for the GS3 on the play store and for the life of me I can't figure out how you set up different id's for the same phone with different roms.
So I'll probably post another thread about the id's at some point in the next few days because I still have questions. But at least for now I'm finally enjoying some wickedness.

As far as being a friend of Bills, yeah I was very active in program for a long time, (one of the offshoots based on what he started), but it wasn't why I choose the name. It was actually my online moniker at several poker sites. So whenever the screen flashed Ez Duzit, besides knowing it was my turn, it also reminded me to take it easy and think about the hand, instead of acting quickly and impulsively. :D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer