Samsung Dive - Remote Controls ??

jk175d

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I created a Samsung account out of curiosity about some of the features offered. One of them is remote control services where you can track your S3 from any browser, or lock your phone remotely. In the set-up instructions it says once you've created a Samsung account you can then enable remote control in the settings menu:

To use the SamsungDive service, the Remote Controls of the mobile must be enabled. Select "Settings > Personal > Security" from the main menu.
Select "Find my mobile > Remote Controls".

But no such option is available in my settings menu.

anyone have sucess with this?

walterwood44

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I created a Samsung account out of curiosity about some of the features offered. One of them is remote control services where you can track your S3 from any browser, or lock your phone remotely. In the set-up instructions it says once you've created a Samsung account you can then enable remote control in the settings menu:

You can use Lookout to get these features. Download it from Play.

tjayweaver

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
I tried it on an s2.go back to the dive site and read the faq.look at the.. where can i use it? you will see130 countries. I'm in the usa.its not one of the one hundred and thirty countries.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Android Central Forums

ksjmh13

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
tjayweaver is correct. I tried to set up a account last month and contacted Samsung support. I was informed that this option was not supported in the U.S. at this time. They took my email address and informed me i will receive a email when its ready for the U.S. This also goes for the Music Hub app on the phone.

salman121

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
That is NOT acceptable. I bought Samsung Galaxy III for the very reason that is is easy to find and lock but this feature is not available. Samsung need to hurry up and activate this user for US users, especially Sprint.

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
the reason they don't have it for Sprint is because Sprint has their own service that does something similar so they want to charge us for it. I recommend getting android lost or Cerberus from the play store. Android lost does everything Cerberus does not for free. Cerberus is subscription based and has a better user interface. Android lost is a great free alternative though.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
It might come to us U.S.citenzens...then again maybe not. Heck, Samsung promised us inductive (wireless) charging for the S3 and it hasn't happened yet. Go figure. Also, Sammy is pissed at us Americans right now due to the fact of those boneheaded idiots on the jury in Cali that sided with crApple in the patent case. I wouldn't be surprised if sammy never gives us what they promised. Remember, they want you to buy the "next best thing".....and it's already in the works.

Sandoctopus

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
Is there anyway that i can turn on the " Remote Control" on my Galaxy Note 2 without having the phone with me? Because i have lost my phone and I am trying to locate it through " Find my mobile" but unfortunately the Remote Control button is not on