Switched From EVO LTE to GS3 and I'm Stumped...

vcreecher

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
On my EVO, I downloaded a wallpaper from the HTC Hub. After setting up my GS3 yesterday, I laid the phone down to eat dinner. When I picked it up over an hour later, I woke it up and voila... the wallpaper I had on my EVO was now on my GS3. The EVO Is turned off & boxed up....

Can somebody please tell me how this happened and how it's even possible????

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Skunk is right, you must have had your option checked under Settings/Backup & Reset to backup your phone/data to your Gmail-Google account. So anything you had on your EVO is being restored to your GS3.

Reactions: vcreecher

vcreecher

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Thank you! Yes, I forgot, but I did have my EVO set to backup on Google. May I ask, where can I look in Google on my PC to see what all was backedup?

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Thank you! Yes, I forgot, but I did have my EVO set to backup on Google. May I ask, where can I look in Google on my PC to see what all was backedup?

That's a good question... I will try and look at that when I have time, probably tomorrow...

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
maybe the Google dashboard is where you can see where everything is backed up? I know it did for a lot of other things.

Also. Didn't know Google backed up wall papers. Weird. Lol

vcreecher

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Checked out my Google Dashboard & saved is an "android wallpaper". But I can't click on it to restore.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

thomasr1950

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I have 2 EVO LTE's and have had to had 4 replaced for various reasons. Now i'm thinking about getting Sprint to swap these for the GS3. Is this phone as good or better? Is it 4gLTE as well? I don't have LTE in my area but if the S3 is not LTE compatable i maybe better off staying with the EVO.

vcreecher

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Yes, the GS3 is LTE. I am so much happier with this phone versus the EVO LTE. It's smoother, quicker &, in my opinion, all around better. This mIght sound silly, but I actually got bored with the EVO after a few weeks. Nothing really new or advanced from my previous EVO. Samsung stepped it up. HTC not so much. :eek:

thomasr1950

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
i talked with a Sprint Manager about my issues. So far he won't swap with me. But due to the issues i'm not giving up. He's checking to see what he can do over the weekend. I hope he can work something out.