Taking pictures while recording

aznberry

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Hello,

I used to record and take pictures at the same time.. Can't seem to do it now.

Any ideas??

Many thanks again!
Sfdroid.

dbrides

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Put the phone on video ..hit the play button and when you want to take a pic press the camera icon on the screen

sent from my badazz sammy s3...

aznberry

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I used to have this button to take pictures while filming but then it disappeared. So I reset my settings to their default values, and the button was back!
It was caused by the stabiliser. If it is set to on, you won't be able to take a picture.

---------- Post Merged at 01:26 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:24 PM ----------

I used to have this button to take pictures while filming but then it disappeared. So I reset my settings to their default values, and the button was back!
It was caused by the stabiliser. If it is set to on, you won't be able to take a picture.

jfs101

Trusted Member
Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
You have to turn off anti shake if you want to take pictures while shooting a video.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Egidio

May 24, 2011
Visit site
You have to turn off anti shake if you want to take pictures while shooting a video.

Actually it doesn't matter whether it's on or off. I just did a short video with anti-shake on and took a shot while in video mode. Then I turned off anti-shake and did the same thing. It works both ways. That is neat! I did not know this phone could do this.

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
My phone does NOT take pictures during video while anti shake is "ON". I get the auto focus (AF) indicator and I press it, but it does not capture a picture and save it. I've heard some people can and most can't - I'm wondering if those who can are on a custom ROM.