My AMAZING Stock Battery Life after Jelly Bean 4.1

shaneontherocks

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
7% AND STILL HOLDING!
Screenshot_2012-11-14-14-27-08.png

I am stock, unrooted. I turned off Google Now after I got 4.1 JB. I have brightness full, weather updated every 3 hours. Live windmill wallpaper set every 3 hours. FB sync, Gmail, Outlook sync on... I even have the news ticker on my lock screen on to update once a day. I used to have voice commands on but realized they were draining my battery. I turned the Sprint optimizer off but it ALWAYS comes back on. Wifi always on unless I am out for the night I turn it off. GPS always on. Data on. Bluetooth on only when in Car. I used to have all the motions on but everyone doesn't work well. The ones I do have on are Direct Call, Double Tap to Top, and Palm Swipe for screen capture. CDMA is on cause I don't have LTE in my area yet. NFC off unless I wanna use it. Power saving mode OFF. Location Services all of besides use GPS satellites. OK I think I covered EVERYTHING. If you think I missed a setting please let me know. Note I have push for my outlook and get 100's of emails a day and this thing is still beastin. I honestly can't believe it. So far I used FB dozens of times, checked emails and responded to them, gmail, outlook etc, text messaging, phone call's.. I honestly can't believe it. LOVE MY STOCK BATTERY AND GS3 running JB 4.1. Now bring on 4.2!:cool:

shaneontherocks

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Here.
Screenshot_2012-11-14-14-53-45.png

Note: I just plugged it in once it got down to 5%.
While we all know of course I didn't have the screen on AT ALL TIMES, this is pretty damn impressive to me. As you can see I consistently keep turning it on for various tasks minus when I went to sleep both nights. Mind you I kept Wifi on.

Last edited:

Joe113

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Here.
View attachment 46378

Note: I just plugged it in once it got down to 5%.
While we all know of course I didn't have the screen on AT ALL TIMES, this is pretty damn impressive to me. As you can see I consistently keep turning it on for various tasks minus when I went to sleep both nights. Mind you I kept Wifi on.

"Invalid attachment" is what I get.

shaneontherocks

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I fixed it! LOOK AT THE PIC AGAIN!

As you can see, of course I wasn't on it all the time! But def was consistent other than when I went to sleep BOTH NIGHTS without charging it.

TigerDave99

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Screenshots from yesterday.

I'm amazed at the amount of time/life! Keep in mind that I've frozen over 100+ apps/services listed in this thread using Titanium Backup. I'm sure that helps.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-12-04-16-54-06.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-12-04-16-54-06.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 56
  • Screenshot_2012-12-04-16-54-19.png
    Screenshot_2012-12-04-16-54-19.png
    64.3 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

bonanzabucks

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
I had about the same battery life on stock BEFORE the JB update. That was with approximately two hours of screen time and I was using 2X Battery (an app similar to Green Power or Juice Defender, but I think it works better) and not really syncing anything except Gmail and Yahoo. After the update, battery life has been horrid. I had to do a factory reset and I think everything is more or less back to normal, but I'm worried those pesky Media or MAPs files will affect me again.

I'm amazed at the amount of time/life! Keep in mind that I've frozen over 100+ apps/services listed in this thread using Titanium Backup. I'm sure that helps.

I'm now rooted and have made no modifications, safe getting rid of the shutter sound. Which apps/services are safe to freeze without affecting the phone and some of the apps?

TigerDave99

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm now rooted and have made no modifications, safe getting rid of the shutter sound. Which apps/services are safe to freeze without affecting the phone and some of the apps?

Click the "this thread" hyperlink in my previous post. Use the list as a guideline since each user has different needs.

tat21985

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I have had astronomical battery life after JB! I get about 3.5 hours of screen time daily, averaging about 200 texts a day, browsing FB and Tumblr, and making a few phone calls.. When I plug in for the night, I usually sit at about 30% battery life left. Stock ROM, running Nova launcher, using Swiftkey and GoSMSPro.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty