M86 & MB1 -- I still haven't received these updates via OTA, have you?

shaneontherocks

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I am curious why it's taking so long? I know updates come out in waves but it's March 7th and I haven't received any of these yet. I have also went to system updates and I check it everyday but that still doesn't help. I also cleared the google framework thing a few times with no luck. I am stock and I only accept OTA's for my GS3. I am in Orange County, CA..

Anyone still waiting on these updates? Wondering why it's taking so long to push to everyone?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Is this your first update through the OTA? They always take awhile to reach everyone. Just depends if you are one of the lucky ones and in the first batches :)

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Also it can take multiple clears of cache and it usually will work

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1362686881382.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1362686881382.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 48

srschacher

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
My wife got MA6 two weeks ago, but I haven't gotten it yet. We bought our phones at the same time, and mine is the primary number on the account.

She hasn't gotten the MB1 push yet.

Go figure.

shaneontherocks

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Of course it's not my first update. How could I get to M86 if I didn't have the latest software? bwaha. I know what you're saying, this is just taking a lot longer than usual.

mak916

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Just got mine today on my replacement phone. About 4 hours after I had my phone replaced I received the update. My other phone would not update so they replaced the phone.

AJC1973

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
Of course it's not my first update. How could I get to M86 if I didn't have the latest software? bwaha. I know what you're saying, this is just taking a lot longer than usual.

What is usual when it comes to sprint ota? Before I started doing it myself. Sometimes I got updates day one. Day 7 day 30(thats the time I said f this and started going it my self.) and everything in between. Either be patient and realize you are last this time or do it yourself. It's easy.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Updates get pushed via ota are completely random. It doesn't matter what location, when you bought the phone or if your number is primary. Must ota's for Sprint are pushed over a period of 3 weeks.

ejohnnyk

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I just got MA6 & MB1. FINALLY. I've been checking for updates daily, but nothing.

Then I cleared data in Google Services Framework and checked again. Sure enough... the phone downloaded both updates back-to-back.

Glad to be finally up-to-date.

storino03

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I'm still waiting on the update(s) as well. Even "cleared data" for Google Services Framework under Applications. I'll try restarting my phone.

buffdaddy72

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Nah, I never got either. I just did the manual up update that QBking showed on his youtube channel. Took about 10 minutes from start to finish, not rooting or hacks and my SIII is working fine.

Again like in other threads here their isn't really a whole lot to the update except some bug fixes and some other small enhancements.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress