Volume control question

cb2367

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
At times, the volume seems to increase by itself. For example, there is a 30 second video ad in a game I play. Depending on where I am, I will turn the volume control all the way down so it's on vibrate. When the video ad plays, the sound is all the way up.

When I view YouTube videos that have ads in them, the audio plays even though the volume control was turned all the way down before opening YouTube.

Why is the volume control getting overridden in these situations?

Posted via Android Central App

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
At times, the volume seems to increase by itself. For example, there is a 30 second video ad in a game I play. Depending on where I am, I will turn the volume control all the way down so it's on vibrate. When the video ad plays, the sound is all the way up.

When I view YouTube videos that have ads in them, the audio plays even though the volume control was turned all the way down before opening YouTube.

Why is the volume control getting overridden in these situations?

Posted via Android Central App

Well phone volume and media volume are not exclusive. if you turn down the volume before you open a youtube video you are only turning down the ringer, after you play a video then you can control the media volume. what I do is get a volume control widget then leave a media volume control on my homescreen and turn it down or up before I open up anything involving media.

rawmustard

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
You might have turned the ringer volume all the way down, but not the media audio. The former is indicated by a phone-shaped symbol when the volume rocker is pressed, while the latter will be indicated by a speaker symbol (normally you would have to be playing audio for the rocker to control that volume). You can also press the settings icon on the right to bring up the volume of each component of audio.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

cb2367

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I guess I didn't realize that I was only turning the ringer volume down, and I just noticed the settings option when pressing the volume button.

Sent from my SPH-L710

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I guess I didn't realize that I was only turning the ringer volume down, and I just noticed the settings option when pressing the volume button.

Sent from my SPH-L710

It happens...every now and then I learn something new about my phone and I have had it almost a year now....lol

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bethel