Touch Screen Not Working

DolphinDreams

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
My touch screen has stopped working (looks like a broken digitizer). I can still see the screen and even make phone calls or send text messages using svoice (by double clicking on the home button and giving a voice command). I was able to connect the phone to my computer via usb port and transfer all the photos and audio recordings on the phone to my computer. I'm trying to retrieve my text messages before I get this phone repaired. I have tried downloading the Samsung app Kies but even though it said it was backing up my text messages, there were no files saved on my computer (not even an empty backup folder). Kies did retrieve photos. A person from tech support said that maybe I could use a tablet keyboard to get into the phone, download an app and retrieve the texts, but that without being able to unlock using the touch screen that probably wouldn't work. We are searching for a solution, some program that I can download onto my pc that will retrieve the text messages and either transfer them on to my computer or back them up to the SD card in the phone. Any suggestions?

DolphinDreams

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
I like that suggestion. The screen has gone black now so I think my options are to replace screen and digitizer with someone local or find something that will transfer the files on to my pc without requiring an app be added to the phone. Unless you can think of something else...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty