UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

Whatsup67

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
Re: 4.4 KitKat for the GS3

i hope this is true cant wait for it.tried cyanogenmod 11 but not real happy with it didnt do anything for me.heres hoping

makris0000

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site

If it happens then it happens but I am more then likely going to get the iPhone 6 when it comes out because I have had too many hardware problems with my GS3 and my other android phones so I will end up trying the iPhone. I have a mac and an iPad so everything should sync together well. (I can't get my GS3 to sync with my mac, the only way I can transfer files between the two is though bluetooth).

HULKchampion

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site

I would think this will happen. Samsung has been very good with their phone updates. They have the Galaxy S2 brought up to Jelly Bean software, but I think it'll be the last update for S3. S5 is coming out in a few months so all eyes on the latest and greatest.

Juan_Ponce_de_Leon

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site

I still haven't upgraded to 4.3 because of knox...I'd assume that it'll be apart of the update to 4.4 if the phone doesn't already have it (like mine). I'm actually thinking about forsaking all this smartphonery and going back to my new-in-box Sanyo 6400 :D
Sanyo-SCP-6400.jpg

Ytsejamer1

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site

LOL Juan...that was a great phone! The only issue I had with it was that I kept it in my pocket. I was working on computers all day, climbing under desks and whatnot...ended up calling 9-1-1 about seven times. :-\

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

I still haven't upgraded to 4.3 because of knox...I'd assume that it'll be apart of the update to 4.4 if the phone doesn't already have it (like mine). I'm actually thinking about forsaking all this smartphonery and going back to my new-in-box Sanyo 6400 :D
View attachment 104457

Why not flash a 4.3 ROM that has Knox removed? I'm sure there will also be 4.4, TouchWiz-based ROMs without it :D

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running Slim Bean 4.3

bradley129

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site

If it happens then it happens but I am more then likely going to get the iPhone 6 when it comes out because I have had too many hardware problems with my GS3 and my other android phones so I will end up trying the iPhone. I have a mac and an iPad so everything should sync together well. (I can't get my GS3 to sync with my mac, the only way I can transfer files between the two is though bluetooth).

Enjoy changing your wallpaper on your iPhone because that's all you can do...

Sent From My Smoking Hot Galaxy SIII

makris0000

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site

Enjoy changing your wallpaper on your iPhone because that's all you can do...

Honestly, I have been using my iPhone my iPhone for about a month now and it works MUCH better then my old Galaxy S3. I know the iPhone isn't as customizable as the Galaxy but it gets the job done and it has MUCH better battery life then the Galaxy.

li2327

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site

Sprint sent the Kitkat update to me today. I just switched back to android from iPhone today.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using AC Forums mobile app

bradley129

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site

Honestly, I have been using my iPhone my iPhone for about a month now and it works MUCH better then my old Galaxy S3. I know the iPhone isn't as customizable as the Galaxy but it gets the job done and it has MUCH better battery life then the Galaxy.

I personally have a deactivated iPhone 4s and iPad air and I hate it but get its all opinion.

li2327

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site

The Official OTA 4.4 Update? Do tell.............

I just switched back to android and the update came over as soon as I activated my phone so I have nothing to compare it too. I plan read up on it to see what it includes because I have no idea.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4

speedblurr

May 31, 2010
Visit site

I just switched back to android and the update came over as soon as I activated my phone so I have nothing to compare it too. I plan read up on it to see what it includes because I have no idea.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4

I believe we may be crossed up here. Your post signature says sent from your S4. This is the S3 forum. Did you receive 4.4 on your S4 or S3? Thanks