Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Sprint Galaxy S3: WiFi calling

My phone just received the update for kit Kat as well as my note 3. When my note got it I received WiFi calling. For my s3 I didn't.

Does anyone know how to get it for the s3 or if it is coming?

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Default Re: Sprint Galaxy S3: WiFi calling

Still waiting for update for regular s4-we may never get it-who knows

Posted via Android Central App

Sprint is only supporting WiFi calling on some devices. Apparently the S3 isn't one of them. I use this app:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gvoip
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

LG G3 on Sprint. [Stumped and Bumped, Debloated, Startup apps managed, Trickster, Nova Prime, Swiftkey, G3 Tweakbox]--> Runs smooth as silk, now.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    How is that different from using Google Voice?
    I haven't used Google Voice but just wondering what the advantages of the app you selected are.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Does Google Voice do VOIP on a phone? I didn't think it did.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

LG G3 on Sprint. [Stumped and Bumped, Debloated, Startup apps managed, Trickster, Nova Prime, Swiftkey, G3 Tweakbox]--> Runs smooth as silk, now.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

They just stopped support for the apps that did use Google voice for VoIP. Nobody said why as far as I'm aware but rumor has it that they're going to integrate it into hangouts and finally give android VoIP calling in hangouts like they have been in iOS.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Yeah, GroovIP used to use Google Voice as a backend, but had to switch to another provider. Seems to work just as well.