Update OTA

swungspeedz

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
I just got a OTA update should I update? I'm on 4.3 , if so does it reset the phone? And could I make a cwm backup and restore it if I don't like it? Will I lose root?

Sent from my SPH-L710

dominick

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I just got a OTA update should I update? I'm on 4.3 , if so does it reset the phone? And could I make a cwm backup and restore it if I don't like it? Will I lose root?

Sent from my SPH-L710

If you are rooted, do NOT accept the OTA update. Find your course of action I other threads on here or XDA, but deffo do not execute the OTA stock 4.4 update.

cheers/dom

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
If you long press on the notification, and then tap App Info, you'll go to a page where you can turn off notifications. This will only last for a while, though, and then you'll get the notification again.

Your options to get the update are to use ODIN unroot and go back to stock 4.3, then accept the OTA, or to use Odin to flash 4.4.2. Both options will wipe your data on the internal SD card, so be sure to backup all your important information first.

I think it's easier to just Odin 4.4.2. You'll lose root, but it's easy to root 4.4.2. You could even restore from a CWM nandroid if you wanted to.

See this thread for more info: [FULL RESTORE][TAR] Stock ND8 Odin FLASHABLE [4.4.2] - xda-developers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress