Problems with sound when connecting to car stereo via AUX cable... Help!

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site

Okay, I am desperate for help here. I am getting LOUD popping noises when my phone is plugged into my 2007 Camry Hybrid's AUX connection. I am getting these popping noises via my car's speakers when I press home screen buttons (messaging, voicemail, Spotify, etc.) as well as when I change songs on Spotify or Pandora. It also makes the same terrible noise when I loose connectivity while streaming music and the speakers make the POP sound at times when I reconnect. The funny thing is is that sometimes I hear no pops, and then minutes later the pops are back. I am in pure misery and it makes listening to music in the car via my phone IMPOSSIBLE to endure. :-$

I took it in to the Sprint dealer and they turned off all button press noises and haptic feedback as well, but that was the on the 14th day I had it. I told them I was not happy with the phone and they suggested I try a different AUX cable. I bought an expensive audiophile cable, and no dice--I still have the terrible popping sound. I had no trouble with my Samsung connected via Boost and since my car and my cable are the same, it clearly is THIS phone or something with Sprint.

Is anyone else having this issue? I am heading back over to the Sprint store to discuss these concerns yet again and have them look at the phone. I like the phone, but the static I sometimes get on calls and moreover this POPPING are going to drive me mad. Anyone having similar issues? Anyone have any idea on how to stop the popping sound when using an AUX cable in the car? Thanks everyone!

depechemodegurl

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Well since an aux cable is basically just a headphone cable have you tried plugging in headphones and seeing if you still have the popping? That would at least let you know that the problem lies in the headphone jack of the phone and also give you a way to prove it to the Sprint guys. Alternatively, do you know anyone who has an aux port in their car that you can plug into and see if you get it. I would also try using their aux cable which rules out your cable being the issue as well. I use Bluetooth to connect to my car so I haven't had any issues with mine but that doesn't mean you don't have a faulty unit. I would just do some more trouble shooting so you are armed with all that when you go into Sprint.

Rockin my LG G2

btruthnme

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I know i had this same problem i messed with it and messed with it. Come to find out i thought the cable was pushed all the way in but wasn't. I pushed it in a little bit harder and no more popping sounds when phone is moved when touching the phone.

Posted via Android Central App

RRHMJ23

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
I know i had this same problem i messed with it and messed with it. Come to find out i thought the cable was pushed all the way in but wasn't. I pushed it in a little bit harder and no more popping sounds when phone is moved when touching the phone.

Posted via Android Central App

This is what i did to solve my problem, same cases have holes for the aux cable a tad small making it hard to push them in

slideways

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I have this issue as well. It's only been with this phone, used the same AUX cable with my Galaxy 2 and didn't have this issue. I've pushed the cable in as far as it will go as hard as I can, it makes no difference. It's very annoying, but I'm also going to try a BT receiver and see if that makes a difference. Would like the cable to work better though.

Jarrog

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
I had the same problem this week! I found that using an auxiliary cable with brass connectors (found at Target or 5-Below) solved the problem.

pamplemoose5

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I've solved the issue. The reason that it makes a pop sound in between songs, is because when power saving mode is on, it is turning off the speaker in between songs. Just turn off "power saving" mode in your settings pull down on your Samsung, and it won't make a pop sound anymore.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez