Sending SMS to email

tanus

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
In the stcok messaging app, when I type in the name of the contact in the "To" field, it only shows the contact's stored phone number(s). The contact's stored email address is not showing up when I type in the contact's name. If I press or tab the icon next to "To" field where I can type in the phone number or email address, it will only show contacts' stored number(s). Other than type in the contact's email address directly, is there any way to have both stored email address(es) & phone number(s) pop up in the list, when I type a contact's name in the "To" field? Thank you.

hoovhartid

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I dont know that there is a way to do this without an add-on app like THIS

Can I ask why you dont just use your gmail app to send e-mails instead of the messaging app?

tanus

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site

Can I ask why you dont just use your gmail app to send e-mails instead of the messaging app?

I don't have gmail account & don't want to create another email account if it's not necessary. Sometimes, I send short notes or pics to friends' email accounts using SMS. I have tried the SMS Email app. It works for SMS but it doesn't provide option to attach file, i.e., pics. I did some internet search and it appears other android phones' stock messaging apps don't have the similar "issue". Thanks.

tanus

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site

I don't have gmail account & would like to avoid opening another email account. Sometimes, I send short notes or pics to friends' email accounts using SMS. I have tried the SMS Email app. It works for SMS but it doesn't provide option to attach file, i.e., pics. I did some internet search and it appears other android phones' stock messaging apps don't have the similar "issue". Thanks.

hoovhartid

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I don't have gmail account & would like to avoid opening another email account.

Ah, that makes sense. :)

I have tried the SMS Email app. It works for SMS but it doesn't provide option to attach file, i.e., pics.

Oh, I didn't realize that. :-[ That sux

I did some internet search and it appears other android phones' stock messaging apps don't have the similar "issue". Thanks.
My optimus s is like this...now I'm wondering if this is an LG thing.

sorry I couldn't help. I'll keep an eye out for a solution