Update Rooted Device (Not your typical question) Then Back Up

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I should have probably tried this before I flashed everything in the first place; and, then, backed up my Rooted Stock set up. But:

If I OTA update and lose SU, before I flash: Could I back up stock without root with CWM the first time it boots up? Then, if I ever needed my own stock rom to flash I could flash reboot once and CWM and root would be gone?

(I have all stock non rooted img partitions from the forums saved on my computer. Just wanted to make my own backups or at least know I could).

Thanks.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
You just need to be unlocked to flash cwm. Then if you don't flash su you reboot and cwm is gone. But if you run cwm and instead of flashing su you do a nandroid first. It makes sense that it would just backup stock with cwm without su. So. If you restored that and then rebooted cwm would be gone and since there was never su you just relock.

I guess ill have to try it. Don't really need it as I have the stock img files. But if I ever wanted to be stock without root for whatever godly reason I just like my own files. Lol.