[ROM] ICS leak

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
21055d1327997330-rom-ics-leak-screenshot_2012-01-31-00-39-19.png
Here is a flashable version of the files that were leaked. I pulled the img files from the tar's and made them into Rom.zip.
There is a few things that you should know before flashing. Yes 4G works but wifi does not. The module for wifi does not match the kernel for either of the boot.img's this is a easy fix either flash your favorite kernel. I'll make flashable add-ons later to switch out the kernel and module with a pair that have working wifi.This is just a first release,as more bug/issues come to light we'll see what can be done about them.

How To Flash
-must be rooted and have custom recovery
-download rom.zip
-place ROM on sdcard
-boot into recovery
-make nadroid backup
-wipe everything data/factory reset and cache
-flash ROM
-Reboot when complete
-Reboot flash SU-install.zip(will be added in future update)

Thanks
-mrxkills for the files
-Google
-Sprint
-AndroidCentral
-PaulG
-Jstntp
-The Community just cause we all like to have fun with our phones :)

Downloads

ROM.zip

SU-install.zip

Here's a fix for wifi this is the kernel pulled from Dooderbutt-v-6,with oc

wifi-fix

Last edited:

ho0lee0h

Feb 24, 2010
Visit site
This is great. Why is the baseband version for this one different than the one on XDA? You have D720SPRKH1 and they have D720SPRKL2.

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
This is great. Why is the baseband version for this one different than the one on XDA? You have D720SPRKH1 and they have D720SPRKL2.

I didn't touch the radio, I usually wait till they announce official radio or until my radio doesn't perform the way it should.

Reactions: ho0lee0h

kdgaydos

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
I used the Xda leak with odin and didn't/don't have any issues with my wi-fi. It's the first thing I set up so I could get all my apps back.

Reactions: beezy

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Beezy,

Will you be updating your ROM with this information? I would rather ran your's then this official build.

Very good question and this is how I was thinking of doing it.
-ICS leak/official= I will leave it almost completely stock. I'll keep this up to date with all the changes and edits made by Google other then that it will be stock with root and busybox.

-Dooderbutt-AOSP= Will continue to be built from source code. Will have add-ons,kernels,themes,etc. Most will be flashable add-ons so they should work for both ROM's but will only be posted in that thread.

I think this is the best way to go about. I like to have a almost stock ROM to flash to and then have Dooderbutt to play around with and tweak to our liking.

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
-Dooderbutt-AOSP= Will continue to be built from source code. Will have add-ons,kernels,themes,etc. Most will be flashable add-ons so they should work for both ROM's but will only be posted in that thread.

Will the advanced notification bar (scroll through wifi, tethering, brightness etc) be turned into a flashable add-on? It's my favorite feature.

Thanks for all your work. dooderbutt ICS was the first ROM I flashed and is still my favorite.

Last edited:

vincentallen2

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Hay breezy! Thanks for putting this up here for all us (I'm not really a fan of Odin/fast boot) :)

I noticed that the kernel in the ics leak is the same as the kernel in your dooderbutt aosp v6 rom, was this intentional? =o

*ALSO* I noticed that green flash/home screen flash when sleeping/waking the phone is absolutely gone. Just thought people should know :D

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Last edited:

charn65

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Soooo, I factory reset, and wiped to be safe, and flashed this this morning. All went smooth, and then something interesting happened... all of my apps automatically installed themselves. Did Google have them backed up? I've flashed rom after rom the past 2 months, and this was the first one to act like this.

I'm not complaining, saved me the time, and it seems to be great so far.

tokuzumi

May 29, 2010
Visit site
Soooo, I factory reset, and wiped to be safe, and flashed this this morning. All went smooth, and then something interesting happened... all of my apps automatically installed themselves. Did Google have them backed up? I've flashed rom after rom the past 2 months, and this was the first one to act like this.

I'm not complaining, saved me the time, and it seems to be great so far.

It's a google feature. When you are initially setting up the phone, you will see something about google backing up your services. If you enable this feature, your app list will be saved on google's servers. It's been there since Gingerbread (I'm pretty sure Froyo didn't have this feature). You had it enabled on a previous rom, which is why Google was able to download all of your previous apps to your new rom.

Reactions: charn65

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
It's a google feature. When you are initially setting up the phone, you will see something about google backing up your services. If you enable this feature, your app list will be saved on google's servers. It's been there since Gingerbread (I'm pretty sure Froyo didn't have this feature). You had it enabled on a previous rom, which is why Google was able to download all of your previous apps to your new rom.
Correct. This feature can be enabled/disabled from Settings>Backup & reset

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams