Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

Default Re: [GUIDE] Restore to Stock/Unroot for the Nexus S 4g

Is there anyway to unroot from fastboot? I have tried flashing a bunch of commands from a guide on Nexus Hacks or something but I get forever stuck in the writing 'system' step... any ideas?

How long til you update your image file with the factory Jelly Bean image?

Global Posts
    82 Global Posts

I have sent you a pm paul 627g,

Quote Originally Posted by Paul627g View Post
    Which package did you attempt to use? I would recommend the older original package I have listed. Once it works you can OTA update to ICS or leave it like it is, Sprint will accept it because its official OS.
    Would you mind walking me through it? Im lost on how to do it because I get the same thing for both saying it cant find "boot.img". I'd appreciate it.

Can someone tell me how to do all the stuff in those instructions because I cant unroot my damn nexus
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #31  

Quote Originally Posted by JordanTheGreat311 View Post
    Can someone tell me how to do all the stuff in those instructions because I cant unroot my damn nexus
    Did you have any change of luck yet?

I would be happy to help out with a little custom package I have made similar to the package offered in this thread but without all the fuss and safety checks, etc that seem to mess with devices from time to time...

Let me know..

Paul.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.

Did you have any change of luck yet?

I would be happy to help out with a little custom package I have made similar to the package offered in this thread but without all the fuss and safety checks, etc that seem to mess with devices from time to time...

Let me know..

Paul.
    Nope Im still stuck. I've tried everything I could find on the internet and I cant get this thing unrooted.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #33  

Quote Originally Posted by JordanTheGreat311 View Post
    Nope Im still stuck. I've tried everything I could find on the internet and I cant get this thing unrooted.
    Check your PM.
    Paul

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.

I am having this same issue as Jordanthegreat. Just trying to get the phone unrooted and back to stock, so I can install ICS. Nothing I am doing is working at all.

I am however using win7 x64 too. Could this be an issue?
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #35  

Quote Originally Posted by fpelle View Post
    I am having this same issue as Jordanthegreat. Just trying to get the phone unrooted and back to stock, so I can install ICS. Nothing I am doing is working at all.

I am however using win7 x64 too. Could this be an issue?
    No this would not be an issue. I have Win 7-64 bit and have no problems using it to restore to stock.

Here is a package I've put together for a few people. Its very similar to the One Click's but with out all the little checks and prompts that seems to cause issues for some...

This package will LOCK your bootloader back up, so if you don't want this option please let me know and I can tell you how to change it or offer you a different script without locking the bootloader. It will restore your device back to Gingerbread v2.3.7

1. Make sure you have drivers installed. I recommended Google and download/install PDAnet for your computer. Allow it to install your drivers (pick Samsung) for your device and if prompted to overwrite existing found Samsung drivers allow it to do so. This will also install PDAnet app on your device. Let it do so. Basically this will create a life line between your computer & device.

2. Download the package below. Extract it to your hard drive on your computer.

3. Boot your device into the bootloader. Powered off, press Power+Volume Up.

4. Connect your device via USB cable to your computer.

5. Look inside that extracted package for "run.bat" file. Click on it and the process of flashing should begin. This will only take a few minutes if all goes well.

6. It will finish and reboot you into Gingerbread v2.3.7 which you can then wait 5,10, 15 minutes or so to receive the OTA update to official Android ICS 4.0.4.

http://www.mediafire.com/?ovbqi6owcbqlcrh
    Last edited by Paul627g; 08-06-2012 at 08:39 AM.
    Paul

Thanked by 2:
    fomotomo likes this.

Restore to Factory/Unroot for the Nexus S 4g

The method/instructions provided here will restore your device back to stock Gingerbread v2.3.4. Bootloader will be locked & root removed if it was rooted prior. There are other packages floating around but none seem to work as easily as this one. Its bare bones, restore to stock no safety checks, etc to fail or cause issue it just WORKS.

Question: Will this wipe my device?
    Answer: Your OS will be reset so you will loose any app data, settings etc. associated with the OS. Your internal sdcard/storage will remain untouched so pictures, music, videos, etc will be fine.

Question: Do I have to reture to stock Gingerbread to receive the OTA update to ICS?
    Answer: Yes to receive the OTA update you will need to be running Gingerbread v2.3.7, stock... So using these methods and then allowing your device to update to the latest/final GB will put you into position to receive the ICS update.

Instructions:

1. Go here and download the package. [SCRIPT] [NS4G] [UPDATED] One Click Return to stock V2.0
    2. Extract the contents to your C:/ drive
    3. From a booted state ( Your phone powered up ), enable debugging from your Settings options and plug in your device.
    4. Click the " run.bat " file and relax for a few minutes.
    5. Your device will be restored to Gingerbread, bootloader locked and unrooted (if previously rooted).

Credit & Thanks to michaelpeerman @ xda developers.

[TIP]**** Updated Package, unroot/restore to factory ICS 4.0.4 see post #4[/TIP]
    will this help for a htc evo 3D?
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #37  

Quote Originally Posted by bsecure View Post
    will this help for a htc evo 3D?
    Not in the slightest...

This is the Nexus S 4G forums.... HTC EVO 3D, completely different OEM, and everything but if your looking for a nice paperweight then check it out
    Paul

Big_Mike76 likes this.

Recently bought a Nexus S 4G that was rooted for a friend and didn't want them coming to me about it not being able to do things over their network. I can't tell you how much I appericate this one click fix! Saving me a lot of grief and hassle with In-Store "Customer Support" and them asking about why it's been modded and what not.

After running the one-click stock batch file, my nexus is stuck on the booting Google logo. Did I just brick it? =(

E: Ok so I didn't brick it; I can get into CWM with "adb reboot recovery." But shouldn't the one click method wipe CWM?

how long am i supposed to wait on the <waiting for device> screen. and if something is wrong how do i fix the drivers or put it into fastboot
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #41  

Quote Originally Posted by thetrain42 View Post
    how long am i supposed to wait on the <waiting for device> screen. and if something is wrong how do i fix the drivers or put it into fastboot
    Most times the <waiting for device> prompt is due to driver/connection issues.

1. Try using PDAnet to install the drivers to your computer. First uninstall any current Samsung drivers on your computer, reboot, then run PDAnet on your computer and allow it to install the Samsung drivers.

2. I believe the authors of those OneClick's have a manual driver download available also. Some have success with this, some don't.

3. Lately I have run across many users having this problem while in their Bootloader trying to use FASTBOOT commands to restore their device. It seems quite a few people have had Power button failures to where the button is stuck or permanently engaged which is why they are trying to restore to stock to get it serviced/repaired/replaced. At this point into time I don't know of a work around to getting past this problem with the stuck power button but it seems to stop FASTBOOT from proceeding further and allowing flashing of the stock images.
    Paul

I did the unroot direct to 4.0.4 but the screenshot doesnt work (power button + vol down).

What do I do?
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #43  

Quote Originally Posted by julianramos View Post
    I did the unroot direct to 4.0.4 but the screenshot doesnt work (power button + vol down).

What do I do?
    Its built in as a part of AOSP, I know many people had a problem figuring out the right timing for the screenshot with ICS.
    Paul

Global Posts
    1,790 Global Posts
    ROM
    RasbeanJelly/DanteRom v4

One Click Stock.crespo4g.4.1.1.zip - 197.10 MB

This is a modded version of the file in the OP

So, it seems goo.im failed me (not the first time, but maybe the last). I am reuploading to another host.

Edit: link updated.
    Thanked by 3:
    stlsports and Paul627g like this.

Mine hung there so long I gave up, I installed jellybutt, I figured one click not an option for me

sent from Amazon Fire running jellybean with taptalk2

Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    ROM
    Peter's Bugless Beast ICS

Paul,

I'm having a concussed brain day today. Can you help me. I'm currently running Bugless Beast, I'm root ( of course)
    Can I use the one click to return to stock 4.1.1 to get Jelly Bean on my phone? Using CWM?
    Then after I install just root JB? Total newbie question but I can't figure out the answer for the life of me today.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by hlxanthus View Post
    One Click Return To Stock 4.1.1

This is a modded version of the file in the OP

So, it seems goo.im failed me (not the first time, but maybe the last). I am reuploading to another host.

Edit: link updated.

Global Posts
    1,790 Global Posts
    ROM
    RasbeanJelly/DanteRom v4

No, this is not a flashable version. It runs from the PC and is essentially a script that automates fastbooting the partition images onto the phone.
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #48  

Exactly as he said... It will give you official JB but its not going to use CWM to do it.

FYI, I may build complete stock AOSP build of JellyBean this afternoon for those looking to flash it in CWM... No root, nothing.. Just the stock OS as if your recieved it OTA.
    Paul

Thanked by:

Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    ROM
    Peter's Bugless Beast ICS

Thank you.
    Would be nice if there was a flashable AOSP JB rom. If you did this I would have to reroot right? I'm still holding out hope Peter makes a Crespo4G bugless beast JB build.

Exactly as he said... It will give you official JB but its not going to use CWM to do it.

FYI, I may build complete stock AOSP build of JellyBean this afternoon for those looking to flash it in CWM... No root, nothing.. Just the stock OS as if your recieved it OTA.

Global Posts
    1,790 Global Posts
    ROM
    RasbeanJelly/DanteRom v4

Quote Originally Posted by skinneejay View Post
    Thank you.
    Would be nice if there was a flashable AOSP JB rom. If you did this I would have to reroot right? I'm still holding out hope Peter makes a Crespo4G bugless beast JB build.
    There will be no BB jb. Pete noonger has a crespo. But he has released his source for those who want to build it!

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast