[ROM][4.1.1][AOSP] JellyButt-v2.4 - JRO03L [8/25/12]

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][4.1.1][WIP] AOSP JellyBean Source - Mms, Rooted [8/3/12

I'm thinking about trying a different kernel with this rom does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations? Should I even try this? I'd like to see what kind of results I can get.

I have been using AirKernel the last few days, found here. It honestly is not a great deal better then stock kernel right now, but it does have some good bits that make it worth it. I have not tried matr1x with this rom yet, only tried it on burnsra's cmX and at the time it felt inconsistant to me.

david Young

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm thinking about trying a different kernel with this rom does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations? Should I even try this? I'd like to see what kind of results I can get.

I used air kernel yesterday . It worked fine . Got a few features like touchwake , bln , governors etc .... I'm back to the stock kernel now though.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Android Central Forums

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site

I have native tethering fixed and we will have a build up a little later today or this evening. Right now init.d scripting is not active so you may not get the full effect of a custom kernel, but it WILL be working as well with the next release. Thanks for all the feedback everyone, and thanks for being patient with us.

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Awesome on the tether news. I was just trying out a few tether apps with no luck. Guess there is no need now. Great work.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

wamsille

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site

So is the only issue on this ROM that the camera / video effects do not work?

TOOLEY

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site

Editing is solid on camera pics. No delay n all editing options work great.

Video records great for a long period of recording 1 hour or more or short minute videos, the video runs smooth no hiccups at all. Wife n I make several family videos a day.

Reactions: jstntp

wamsille

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site

Full of fail - I was thinking of another stock ROM. Looks like I found my ROM. I'll backup my BB 2.3.7 build just to be sure, though.

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, camera works flawlessly for me too. And I swear it is better then it ever was on ICS, quality wise.

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
I like how you can just slide right to view the last pic taken, pinch to the picture reel and swipe it up to delete too. I take a lot of pics for work and have to toss quite a few of them. It would be cool if that could be themed to look like 35mm film though . . .

david Young

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
How's the battery life?

I feel its good . I'm at 8 hrs already with 66% left. Used it for everything I've wanted so far . When I use WiFi at home I easily get 17 plus . Screen on time usually runs from about and hour and a half to three hours plus . That's just been my experience so far using the stock kernel .

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Android Central Forums

lyingfromyou

May 5, 2011
Visit site

a power bar widget in the pull down drawer would be tits! i'm not a fan of the stock widget anymore. great work with this rom guys, solid work! cant wait for tweaks and future builds!! :cool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress