[ROM] CM-10.2 4.3 rom + 3.0x kernel

dingermtb

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Another minor issue i encountered was that i could not install SuperSu. After install, i reboot, but it won't go past splash screen doesn't even make it to bootanimation. Also, can't get Viper4Android to work on this ROM. Still though, this ROM is a keeper and i'm sticking with it :D

Sent from my ZombieBean 4.3-VM670 using Xparent Holo Tapatalk 2

dradzanowski

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
I actually figured it out. I had a radio mismatch, but I had the conversion patch. The conversion patch somehow got overwritten, and that was all I needed. I think it may have been me trying to use the Virgin fix. In any case, working now. Some minor issues like the camera, but I think that may have been me twerking the system. I may do a fresh flash with titanium when I have free time again. Beautiful smooth operation though.

gabriel_hart

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone else get a "Unfortunately, Setup Wizard has stopped." after installing the ROM?

I can't exit the setup wizard either. I'm on an OV.

This happened to me also.

Me too. Per the suggestions above (thanks!). I flashed the ROM, completely booted the phone (so you actually have Android started up), then rebooted into recovery and flashed gapps. If I flashed gapps immediately after flashing the ROM, the SetupWizard would crash.

skinbark

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
Me too. Per the suggestions above (thanks!). I flashed the ROM, completely booted the phone (so you actually have Android started up), then rebooted into recovery and flashed gapps. If I flashed gapps immediately after flashing the ROM, the SetupWizard would crash.
I tried rebooting before installing and it still didn't work so I removed SetupWizard.apk from the zip file before I flashed it. That worked.

dingermtb

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Another minor issue i ran into is that some CM tjemes from the market make the phone bootloop when rebooted. In particular, Chrome Dark Holo theme and PitchBlack theme. Also (may be a factor) i' switched out theme chooser with the xhdpi modded theme chooser from Xda. Some themes work perfect though. Used the modded theme chooser on Pacrom, jbc, and Slimrom with no issues, do thinking it may be ROM related. Again, no biggie. Just thought i'd report it.

Boba Espeon

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
The only couple of bugs I've found are:
  • Sometimes the phone is really sluggish on wake.
  • If you're unlucky, when you unlock it when it's sluggish, your phone will get stuck vibrating until it turns off.
  • The double-press button bindings don't always stick.
  • Occasionally, the notification/quicksettings icon in the top-right of the notification shade will be misaligned.
  • I can't get any form of int-ext to work.
  • Image previews in the gallery are wrong.
  • Power menu pops up twice on holding the power button.

These were before I've been tampering with XPosed modules; I'm not going to post any of the (very minor, few) bugs I've found after installing them since they're probably not the rom's fault.

I do miss the shortcut apps from the pac rom, though.

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Holy crap, Kraven! I can't believe that this phone is still going. It is just amazing that you have made ROMs for just about every android version since GB for the little old optimus. You are the man! I may have to dust off my OV and try this out.

Niubee43v3r

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Based on the replies in this thread, this ROM takes up most the available app storage space so you probably won't be able to install too many apps afterwards? Is that the case and if it is does it mean this CM version ROM is not really for daily usage? Thanks

Anino4

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
Well I made a SD partition and got about 100 mb of storage . It worked fine for me . Except I just had Google service & radio issues .

Posted via Android Central App

Boba Espeon

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Based on the replies in this thread, this ROM takes up most the available app storage space so you probably won't be able to install too many apps afterwards? Is that the case and if it is does it mean this CM version ROM is not really for daily usage? Thanks

You actually have a fair amount of storage left (it takes up most of the /system/ partition, but the /data/ partition is still fairly empty). I have 3 pages of apps in my drawer.

Well I made a SD partition and got about 100 mb of storage . It worked fine for me . Except I just had Google service & radio issues .

Posted via Android Central App

What int-ext script did you use?

dingermtb

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
I have roughly 150 apps insralled and still about 270 MB left. I used the FIXED-int2ext posted in this thread a few pages back. I also have about 11MB left in system space, after installing mods/scripts, which is more than i had on PACrom.

Boba Espeon

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I have roughly 150 apps insralled and still about 270 MB left. I used the FIXED-int2ext posted in this thread a few pages back. I also have about 11MB left in system space, after installing mods/scripts, which is more than i had on PACrom.

I totally missed that link somehow o_O
I guess I'll try it out when I get home.

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Finally got PAC-rom 4.3 to boot. Here's another rom to play around with. pac_thunderc_4.3.Build-1_20131221-024952.zip | by thekraven for Optimus S . Use the same gapps in the OP for cm-10.2.
Note1: Virgin fix is below with no selinux changes.
Note2: Flash the rom and gapps at the same time, otherwise it won't boot if you try flashing gapps after a reboot.
Note3: The included selinux kernel might loop after a restart. I've included a non selinux version below with build.prop changes
Note4: Wifi is fixed in the new no selinux zip now

Recommended install: In recovery (only tested on TWRP 2.3.3) Factory reset, format system, Flash ROM, flash gapps, flash no selinux kernel, (add virgin fix if on Virgin mobile). Then reboot

Attachments

• Virgin.fix.PAC43.zip
    135.3 KB · Views: 49
  • pac43-bootnoselinux2.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 51
Last edited:

dingermtb

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
So far so good. Awesome to be back on PAC. Thanks kraven! You rock!!! :D

Forum statistics