[ROM] CM-10.2 4.3 rom + 3.0x kernel

dingermtb

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Weird; they work for me. Did you flash/install anything else?

Got it working. Forgot to tick the modules, so they weren't actually on Derrr:banghead:

I also couldn't run the Fly-On mod, but, so far this ROM is really smooth so it's no biggie. Seems alot smoother than PAC. Great job kraven. Yet, another winner :D

Sent from my ZombieBean 4.3-VM670 using Xparent Holo Tapatalk 2

Pomman

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
I had to install a couple times to get everything working correctly, but here is the order I used:

1. Wipe & flash rom (build3)
2. Flash VirginFix
3. Reboot
4. Flash Light Gapps
5. Reboot
6. Manually install FIXED-int2ext+ by placing 40int2ext into init.d folder
7. Reboot
8. Install third party keyboard (Swiftkey for me)

I don't know if this will work for you guys, but it's what worked for me.

How did you install keyboard??

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Anino4

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, meant set up. I didn't use either. I found an UltraSlim version on Xda that i used. Also flashed the FIXED int2ext+ posted a few posts back, and it works really well.

Can i get a link please ?

Posted via Android Central App

dingermtb

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Can i get a link please ?

Posted via Android Central App

Here ya go http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2435683
After i flashed and booted, i extracted the contact and calendar sync adapters from kraven's gapps and manually placed in system/app folder and changed permissions and rebooted.. The FIXED int2ext+ script is posted a couple pages back.

The only real downside with the ROM so far (that i've noticed) is, as mentioned earlier, the system doesn't automatically boot as read/write, which is no biggie. I just mount in root explorer after each boot.

Anino4

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
Here ya go [GAPPS] Ultra Slim Gapps for CM10.2 JellyBean 4.3 Super Trimmed version - xda-developers
After i flashed and booted, i extracted the contact and calendar sync adapters from kraven's gapps and manually placed in system/app folder and changed permissions and rebooted.. The FIXED int2ext+ script is posted a couple pages back.

The only real downside with the ROM so far (that i've noticed) is, as mentioned earlier, the system doesn't automatically boot as read/write, which is no biggie. I just mount in root explorer after each boot.

Did you google contacts sync ? Mine aren't and thats a big upset if i cant get them ...

dingermtb

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Did you google contacts sync ? Mine aren't and thats a big upset if i cant get them ...

No. I just exteacted from kraven's gapps package and manually placed in system/app folder and changed permissions, then rebooted. Works perfect for me. All my contacts restored.

EnMod

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
No. I just exteacted from kraven's gapps package and manually placed in system/app folder and changed permissions, then rebooted. Works perfect for me. All my contacts restored.

That didn't work for me, if it fails for anyone else I would delete the SetupWizard inside thekravens zip and just flash that. I did that on the V with no issue.

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Here ya go http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2435683

So far this seems to work better for me then thekraven's mini2 gapps

Tapatalk'n it From Android 4.3.1 CM 10.2 on my VM670 running LS670ZVJ firmware

dradzanowski

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
Okay, I used COT recovery, flashed the ROM, rebooted, flashed the Virgin fix (and tried once without the virgin fix). It's saying that it's still got no network connection, and it's asking for a SIM card. I'm on Sprint (through a MVNO called TING), but I think Virgin is using the same network. In any case, this is a Opti S forum. How do I get CDMA to work on this apparently GSM Sim card ROM?

dingermtb

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm on OV. I flashed ROM and virgin fix, booted and set system up without connection. Then flashed gapps. After booting up then, i got my connection. So, i would say flash ROM, boot, set up system. Then flash gapps and boot. Then you should be good to go.

brotherswing

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm a little CDO about it (it's like OCD but alphabetical, the way it SHOULD be.) The way I do it with pretty much every Rom I've ever flashed is:
Flash Rom, reboot twice.
Flash necessary patches, reboot twice.
Flash gapps, reboot then sign in.
Wait three days of use for the Rom to settle in, there you go.

Dave's not here, man!

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Okay, I used COT recovery, flashed the ROM, rebooted, flashed the Virgin fix (and tried once without the virgin fix). It's saying that it's still got no network connection, and it's asking for a SIM card. I'm on Sprint (through a MVNO called TING), but I think Virgin is using the same network. In any case, this is a Opti S forum. How do I get CDMA to work on this apparently GSM Sim card ROM?

If your not getting signal at all it sounds like radio mismatch what baseband are you on and what rom did you come from

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

PacMan13x

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
I get a Status 7 error. I read the meaning of this error here so what should I do?

Edit:
I figured it out. I opened the zip file and modified the updater-script file found in META-INF >com >google >android. I simply opened the file with Notepad++ and deleted this line

Code:
assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "thunderc" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "thunderc" || 
       getprop("ro.product.device") == "LS670" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "LS670" || 
       getprop("ro.product.device") == "VM670" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "VM670" || 
       getprop("ro.product.device") == "thunderc_LS670" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "thunderc_LS670" || 
       getprop("ro.product.device") == "thunderc_VM670" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "thunderc_VM670");

reboot into recovery, update from sd card and I toggled signature verification. Now I can flash it! :D

Last edited:

Boba Espeon

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

You only need to flash the virgin fix if you have the OV. If your phone is an optimus S on an mono like ting, you do not need to flash the virgin fix.

Also, you shouldn't need the Virgin fix if you are on Ting, or Sprint.

^

I get a Status 7 error. I read the meaning of this error here so what should I do?

Edit:
I figured it out. I opened the zip file and modified the updater-script file found in META-INF >com >google >android. I simply opened the file with Notepad++ and deleted this line

Code:
assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "thunderc" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "thunderc" || 
       getprop("ro.product.device") == "LS670" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "LS670" || 
       getprop("ro.product.device") == "VM670" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "VM670" || 
       getprop("ro.product.device") == "thunderc_LS670" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "thunderc_LS670" || 
       getprop("ro.product.device") == "thunderc_VM670" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "thunderc_VM670");

reboot into recovery, update from sd card and I toggled signature verification. Now I can flash it! :D

http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...m-10-2-4-3-rom-3-0x-kernel-2.html#post3251792 ;)

Last edited:

PacMan13x

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
Yeah that's what I did. I should have read all the comments before posting one. If I would have taken 5 mins to read the comments then I would have saved about an hour trying to figure my problem out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andej